If you've ever been thinking for some time about breaking up with your girlfriend or boyfriend, what helped you actually do it?

If you're in an unhappy relationship that hasn't been working for some time and you've been thinking about breaking up, what was the point in which you decided you are actually going to do it? How long did it take you until you finally decided to have the final break up talk?

What I meant was what was that *final* moment like when you decide 'ok, so tonight I'm finally gonna do it'. Like the text/conversation/date that really pushed you off your limits and that day or few days later you broke up with them

Most Helpful Guy

• Just got tired of dealing with stress caused by the relationship. The day I decided to do it is when my high school buddies were getting together last minute to hit the town. And my girlfriend at the time pretty much expected us to hang out every weekend. I told her I was going with my buddies. She said "I won't be here when you come back" and I said something like "who said I was coming back?" I ignored her calls n texts for maybe two days then I went to go pick up my stuff from her house and have her the I just wanna be friends talk. And you know how that goes.

Most Helpful Girl

• Umm I felt like no matter what I did it was never good enough for him. He was more then happy to linger around the mistakes I did, but didn't want any bit of it when something concerned me about him. I felt like I was jumping through hoops to satisfy he's needs. I apologised sincerely for things that made him upset. Things that made me worry sick about him in the first place, I had to apologise for.

I felt neglected (emotionally) from the relationship. I felt like the relationship aspect was no longer there. I was really unhappy. All I wanted was him to consider me in the situation. I just wanted him to be there for me emotionally like I was for him. He made it hard to want to reconcile. Once it was all about him, I just wanted to not be in it anymore. So I left

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 10

• A friend of mine told me a while back that if you respect this person on a basic human level (even if you no longer love/want to be in a relationship with them) then they would probably prefer you break up with them, rather than stay in a relationship that you've long since abandoned from a romantic standpoint.

From then, it took me a week and I was out. I did it IN PERSON (see: basic human respect, above), went in with a plan and stuck to it.

• She told me "You'll never find a girl like me." That got me thinking what type of girl she was, and eventually lead to me deciding that I didn't want to meet another girl like her :P

• irrational, it was an irrational decision. One night, I just lost it when she did (personal) and I just ended it.

• at the point in which they actually did something to deserve having their heart broken. the only time I've ever broken up with anybody is when they've actually cheated or something like that.

• the second I would be happier single I did it. Dosn't make sense to spend time thinking about, just do it.

• It helped to get really fat and force her to dump me.

• I was in a relationship for 2 months and I always felt that she is hiding something. So I decided to break up with her and eventually I did it randomly while on a date.

• Her best friend told me my girlfriend was banging a mutual friend, and after that she said we should go out sometime, At that point I understood I needed to hang out with better people

• I realized i wasn't the best thing for her anymore, i knew she wasn't gd for me but that was a sacrifice i was ok with.

• There attitude. The more time I spent with them the more I realized I could not forsee a long term future with them.

What Girls Said 3

• Sometimes we stand at that fork in the road. There's three paths you can take. There's the path where you stay in it and let things be as they are, you take the path where you face the issues together and if you want to work through them then that's awesome, but there's also a path; probably the most tempting one where you say F it and take a new path, but make sure there's no regrets.

Now, I believe you've answered your own question. If you question your own self in when it's time, then it's time to choose the path for you and you alone.

• Deciding the unhappiness is too much

• Bringing it up.
    Or getting mad about them about something just triggered me bringing it up. That's how I broke up with my last relatiosnhip c: