Will no contact help him sort out his feelings?

I have known my friend for more than 3 years. he pursued me in the beginning even though I was in a relationship to the point where I had to block him. few months after I broke up with my boyfriend he contacted me again and we would call and text every day and became really close ( long distance). one night he told me he's so conflicted cuz he loves me but doesn't trust me and is insecure. 2 weeks later he was in a relationship. I got so mad at him that I told him never to contact me. he was so upset and kept apologizing. a month later he called to say he's not sure about the relationship and that maybe he and I had a shot. but he still kept seeing her so I cut off all forms of communications with him. 2 months later he contacted me again. he asked me how I was and wanted to take me out for lunch. by this time I was over him and I accepted his invitation. he told me it wasn't working out with the other girl. we stayed friends for a few more months then one night we were both drunk and we had sex and he stayed over and cuddled. he called me up the next 2 days but when I asked him ifvit meant anything, he said he was confused and that he's not ready for a relationship. 2 weeks later he called again and I told him to give me some space cuz I wanted more. he got upset again and told me that he keeps thinking about that night. but he was still not ready for a relationship so he agreeded to give me space and that he respected my decision. but he also reminded me I was the one who pushed him away in the beginning. p. s I was in a relationship and he would call me at odd hours and bugged me throughout so I had to ignore him and block him. but I apologized long time back and I thought we were over that. anyway its been 4 days but its still hard not to think about him

31

Most Helpful Guy

• The women's commenters are on the money. The guy's immature. Unless you drop him, he's not going to stop being a pain in your ass. This is the kind of man your guy friend invites to the bar who spends the whole time crying about all these problems he's caused for himself. My condolences for being the unfortunate woman he's currently fixated on.

• You are right. He's 31 but still acts immature. I don't think he will ever change. I've never really seen him happy.

Most Helpful Girl

• This guy doesn't know what he wants. He only wants you when he's 100% sure he can't have you (when you are in a relationship or when he is in a relationship). When you are available and ready and he is not bound to anyone either, he changes his mind and has second thoughts because there is literally nothing in the way that could stop it. So basically he is a drama queen.
    No matter how much space and time you'll give this guy, he'll be eternally lost and confused about you. I think it's best for you to keep your distance and forget completely about him. Don't even keep in touch as friends because it'll be an ongoing push and pull where things get only more complicated. At this point he knows you well enough to know if you could potentially work out or not, the only thing that's stopping him is he not loving you. Forget about him and move on because this person has no respect for you and your time.

• You're right. I don't think I should be wasting my time on him anymore. If he doesn't step up after we became intimate I don't think he ever will

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• I'd cut all ties with him. He sounds immature, and doesn't know what he wants.
    He's probably playing you.

• God, he's a prick. Cut him out of your life and find someone who can treat you right