How to break up with a clingy boyfriend?

Been with this guy for 3 YEARS. Almost a long distance relationship, we meet twice or thrice every month. he was very abusive at first but i kept ignoring and then he started controling me, he got to decide where i went, who i went with and he made sure i was moving away from my family. It has gotten to a point where i can't take it anymore. I should have broken up a long time back. It has been a week now and i have been telling him that we are done but he is too clingy to let go. He txts/calls me daily. He is extremely sensitive, cries on the phone a lot. I cannot block him, he has other sources like my friends numbers and my landline. He'll create a scene. He tells me daily to get back with him and says how life has become difficult for him. He tells me how he has no friends and i am the only one. I am showing a cold shoulder to him, ignoring him most of the time. Not replying/blocking him is not the solution. To be honest, i have nil feelings for him now. What do i do? Extremely distraught :(

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Most people who have issues will try to cling to the person who they can manipulate and control because not too many people stand for that. Just keep ignoring him (All the time not mostly). Block what you can and have your friend block when you can. When he calls and you answer immediately hang up.

What Guys Said 4

• Simple. Tell him it's over. You can't take it anymore.

• Just tell him your breaking up cos he is to clingy. I've done it many times with clingy girls it's a pet hate of mine. I can't abide with clingy people

• Just tell him the truth

• You will have to stand strong and break up.

• That's the question. How do i break up? I have already told him but he is tooo clingy to let go :/

What Girls Said 1

• If you have no feelings for him and you want to get away, I think blocking is a good option. He's obsessed with you, any acknowledgement of his presence on your part gives him hope.