What is considered to be cheating on someone?

The point of this question is to discuss what most people believe cheating is not what they think their or a significant other believes what cheating is. If so, many people do not need to be in relationships.

18

Most Helpful Guy

• Any deception or violation of one’s expectations about what is appropriate in a relationship. Keep in mind that relationships are not based on logic, but are influenced by our emotions. Sometimes it is benign and other times it is full blown extramarital affairs.

• So are you saying what is perceived to be cheating actual inappropriate physical compromises or what your significant other believes is cheating based on insecurities and or emotions?

• anything that your partner considers to be a violation of their expectations of you in a relationship. People should make sure to make them known at the start of excusivity

Most Helpful Girl

• Different couples might define it differently.

Generally, cheating involves
    - deception / you hiding something
    - being romantic/affectionate with someone else (flirting, cuddling, kissing, touching, etc.)

• What about emotional cheating then? What about making another connection with another individual that begins non -sexual but still draws a rift in your relationships due to the emotional satisfaction you get from another individual despite it should be given to you along with sexual and spiritual satisfaction from your significant other? What then?

What Guys Said 7

• Whatever their partner considers cheating, that's what ultimately matters.

• What if their significant other's perception of cheating isn't valid or closed to cheating?

• Then it doesn't matter what their significant other believes what cheating is then, if there is no compatibility then are they more vulnerable to deception like cheating?

• Of course they would be more vulnerable to cheating, so it matters a lot.

• I think if you have to ask this you probably are.

• No, it's a question of social opinion, you biased swine.

• Oh lord, the amount of people in the world that do not know how disagreed, be blunt, or have an adult debate. Let me guess, far left right?
      Miss, nobody asked you to comment. I didn't seek you're opinion, in fact it wasn't a very good one. But I guess it is yours. I have every right to comment how I like on my own question. Post your own if you don't like how I posed mines.
      Do I have to give more information for a very social question that the answer mostly bases on your personal experience and your ability to convey your opinion on it. I am guessing your abilities are not very defined, am I correct?
      I feel like it is about you since you suggested I, a random person (that more than likely you do not know) with a username on question/commentary site, humiliated myself like I have a care of who on here is watching.
      Thank you for taking your special time as well to amuse me. I'm usually not active on this site but tonight I am glad. This has just been great.:)

• Wow... you're a very sad angry girl, that's really too bad. I hope you figure out you need help and get it before it's too late. I genuinely wish you the best of luck with that.

• Ficking. Sucking.

• Anything from kissing to sex and everything in between

• Sex, kissing, prolonged hugs, holding hands, sexting, saying you love them.

• That's pretty direct and understandable, thank you. How do you feel about emotional cheating? Do you believe their is a thing as emotional cheating?

• Yeah, like saying they love another person, or if they share their deep feelings to someone else. Stuff that they wouldn't tell to their friends.

• Letting a stranger or some one else besides the s. o. knock another man's viagra juice out of her throat.

• So you're perception of cheating is stricting sexual deceit, what if a person is engaging in a more emotional act with another individual besides their spouse, i. e. deep conversation, flirting, opening up, getting to know each other, sharing interests and hobbies, venting, etc. None of that is sexual but is does create an connection, would that be consider cheating if there is no sex?

• So are you saying that rape has it's own criteria? Because I'm pretty sure it can happened to anyone.

• Yes sometimes rape has its own criteria.

• Doing something without their permission

• So are you saying that an individual needs their significant other's permission to do anything? What are you meaning by "Doing something without their permission" because that is very vague. Are you suggesting that a partner has control over what their significant other does and therefore must ask permission to do "something" or what is your're saying?

• I mentioned something sexual

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!