Do you think there could be a second chance?

Hey guys!
My ex broke up with me 2 months ago, and I still love him and miss him..
we have been in no contact the whole time since the breakup
we fought sometimes but not about something serious but I think he was tired of the relationship.
but we still had a lot of fun together and were together for 1,5 years.
I know he loved me very much..
do you think we could Get back together after some time apart or maybe in the future?

167

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like you guys aren't hopeless as a couple so yes i believe there could be a second chance if you guys wait before getting back together

Most Helpful Girl

• In my opinion,

I've been in the same experience. Except instead of me wanting the second chance, he did. From what you're saying - Everyone goes through it. Great memories, great times, great moments. But lets remember that they are all part of that past before it lead up to the fights.

If he was tired of the relationship, then its best to move on. Especially when you guys have not been in contact since the breakup. Thats usually a sign of people who wish to move on. If he did message you a week later saying that he misses you then the subject changes but otherwise I see a strong chance that he has probably moved on already.

I know he probably loved you very much dear. But love can be blinding too. And Loved is a past tense word as it can change.

Its possible if your paths do cross again and you guys are mutal. But please donot hope on it. Dont dread on someone who does not feel the same way. You will find someone that outdos him. <3

What Guys Said 6

• I'd advise against it.

• Yeah it very possible

• just leave it be. there will be more guys and eventually you'll barely remember his name

• He was my first love and we were together for 1,5 years, so i dont think i will forget him

• no one forgets their first love but everyone gets over them. also you're young. by the time you're in college you'll realize how funny it was that you were so hung up over the guy

• it depends what he is willing to do for you

• This can happen but don't expect it anytime soon.

• nahh, move on

What Girls Said 15

• I'm sorry to hear. But in general, it's good to assume it's over for good. Most of us want to believe a ex will come back but usually they don't. Especially if their reason was not over a actual incident such as cheating for example. Someone losing their feelings is almost always a sign that it's time to move on for good.

• You don't eat what you already vomited. Move-on! You miss the memories & feelings not the person itself. I know it's difficult to just forget someone who gave you so much to remember but you should learn to love yourself too (by moving on)

• If you haven't had communication in 2 months, probably no. Guys are really no bullshit/no-nonsense so they either keep coming back because they want to or they cease communication because they feel it's easier. I got back with my ex after 18 months apart but we spoke every single day. That being said, that's also toxic behavior. don't do that...

• Sounds like it's over. You'll be different people in your 20s.

• How long were you together?

• But he said he really wanted to be my friend and that i should contact him when i was ready to be friends, but i want him back, not be his friend..

• You will know the exact situation better, obviously, but by reaching out in a friendly way you may be able to gauge if he is totally opposed to rekindling the relationship or not. No harm in being friendly.

• It depends, why did you break up?

• He broke up because he didn't think we would be together forever and didn't want to hurt me when longer time passed.. but i think he was tired of my drama when we were fighting because i overreacted

• What If he doesn't want to come back? Im not ready for that.. i would be so sad

• You need to accept the truth, whatever it is. Once you know for sure, it's easier to move on, trust me.

• I mean yea but we're young so these relationships don't really matter rn

• I totally believe that there could be a second chance, but you need to make the first move if you want him back. Start by simply messaging with him and building the relationship back up.

• He would have contacted you by now if he wanted to get back together. Time to accept it and move on.

• Maybe move on for now n see how you feel

• yes anything can happen

• There must be but not for everybody

• There is a reason you two broke up and he broke up with you

• no. he's a fucker

• No. I know how HORRIBLE and PAINFUL heartbreak is; it feels like a family member died, honestly. But you cannot go back to him and put yourself through that again. You are stronger than that Hun.