How do you guys deal with feeling rejection constantly?

I was with my ex for a little over a year. She got a great job offer in California, she wanted me to move in with her after I was done with some stuff I have to take care of here in Texas. I was supposed to move out there for her in July, but she ended up breaking up with me Christmas Day... definitely rough holidays. In the end she didn't think it was going to work out for us. She moved about a week ago and we do not talk at all anymore, even though she said that I was her best friend and that we would keep in touch. None of that has happened... How do you guys deal with moving on, feeling constantly ignored, and rejected?

318

Most Helpful Guy

• The healthy move that's most beneficial? Short answer: Get back to living your life minus whatever part included her.

Long Answer: If you used to workout, then start working out again. If you play xbox with friends, play xbox with friends. If you're part of a sports team, a class, some type of group then go do that. Focus on school/work when you're there.
    Cry if you need to cry. Look back at the personal mistakes you made in the relationship and accept that as a lesson for the future (blaming your ex doesn't help you and will only prolong pain. Taking responsibility empowers you by giving you something to change. If you blame your ex, then it's out of your control and you're a victim).
    Move on to other people despite what you feel. Talk and flirt with other people, even if you're not trying to take it anywhere. Do it for the fun of it. Just get out there, because other people being attracted to you is one of the best ways to give your self esteem a boost.
    Lastly. Time.

If you have hard feelings towards her in any way. Let yourself feel those emotions and really experience it, then let it go. Get it all out or as much as you can. So next time the thoughts come it gets easier and easier.

Most Helpful Girl

• Find something that you really enjoy doing, and occupy your mind. Build on a skill that you have, workout even. It will take sometime to be you again but you will get therel

What Guys Said 17

• Try and find a purpose and passion in your life. Trading rejection and sadness for accomplishment will expedite the healing process and allow you to move on quicker. Try helping others.. you need to fill your heart with the nutrition it needs to heal.

• We're usually told to just "man up." So we bottle the emotions and just keep them there and move on. Some people just convince themselves that she was probably a lesbian to make themselves feel better. In your case, that obviously wouldn't help. Some people just give up after awhile, hence what you may have seen here on this website. It's difficult for some while for others, not so much.

Personally, I just shrug and go back home to play video games.

• i imagine the same as anything in life, time is needed to get your mind past it. take a couple of days and get back out in the world every day will be better than the last. not saying you won't have tons of bad moments each of those days but the impact is a bit less as time moves.

• Get rejected 1, feels bad. Get rejected 100 times, and it's really not so bad. Life goes on.

And there is SO MUCH worse things that could happen to you in life, than being rejected by a guy or girl. It's just something you learn with experience and time.

Chin up!

• I just brush it off. Everybody gets rejected at some point it's not a big deal. I've been rejected plenty so it doesn't really bother me anymore.

• Most of us don't really care tbh

Why do you think most guys don't really have "feelings feelings" haha

Nowadays, for every one rejection I get one hook up =P (well actually I have a girlfriend at the moment but...)

• I just put one foot in front of the other and keep moving. It's the only way new opportunities arise. Staying put and wallowing just prolongs the misery.

• hen it comes to rejection i think of girls like buses, if you miss one there's another one coming along in 10 minutes. There's a ton of fish in the sea who cares if one person rejected u

• Got used to it. You have to fail first to learn how to succeede.

• Use it as motivation to work even harder and improve

• Wouldn't know. I don't get rejected very often.

• Teach meeeee wizard!

• Well, I'm just confident. I'm never afraid to just go up to a girl and give her a compliment. Based on how the compliment is received I decide whether or not I will go forward with asking her out. I usually talk to a lot of different people though, eventually one of them will say yes.

• Love yourself first. And know that you can always make new friends. If you try to keep any relationship going and it's totally one sided, then its always going to fail.
    Focus on yourself, get out and try new things, make new friends.

• Try to learn from it, don't become cynical

• I've been rejected all my life.

• i play xbox alm the time so i dont hav to face rejection

• Never had a girlfriend or dated, you just masturbate and go on with lif. Get a hobby

• Some shrug, some cling to the first one accepting them, others start hating women.

What Girls Said 2

• Dude you're strong. You haven't had any contact with her since Christmas?

• We have, but it's very short, quick, and she tries not to talk much :/

• It's jennyn36

• When you realize that it is part of life and something normal , you can deal with it.