Did you ever date a drug addict? How it was?

36

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't! They love the drug more than they will ever love you. Even if they aren't a terrible person the drug will make them do terrible things. Also addicts tend to come with other personality and mental disorders. I knew a girl who fit that description, she doesn't do anything to help herself and expect society to treat her normally when she will go up to strangers and blab random shit to them about how she gave up custody of her kid so she can party more

• You are right. I dated a drug addict and he had some other problems... like depression, anxiety, etc

• It hurts, but you can't take it personally what they do to you or others

Most Helpful Girl

• It was awful. We would constantly have really bad fights, we lost everything we had, any money I had gotten would be taken to buy more pills. Me, him and all of our family were dragged down too. I know I was stupid to stay with him as long as I did. But yeah, it's horrible

• How long did it last? You were the one who broke up with him? Did he ever regret?

What Guys Said 5

• huh my ex-wife became addicted to her painkillers after she had a major surgery.. I didn't know for a while about it as i was constantly deployed but soon as i foundout about it i did take care of it and nip it in the ass to end it.. I dont deal with that bullshit myself

• My ex was addicted to pain killers too. Did she ever recover? How your relationship was?

• Ah i dont know but hey its life and there is very little time for regret

• I know... I wish mine regretted, I did everything for him and he just caused me pain.

• I have ex friends who are ex addicts. Theyre just like everyone else but have serious problems.

• yes and it was awful because no matter what the drug was more important than me

• Did she ever try to contact you?

• yes multiple times I had to change my number and block her from all social media

• AT least se tried to talk to you. My ex barely tries to talk to me... and he was the one who messed up!

• not a drug addict but I had a girlfriend who was an alcoholic or at least I though she was one. it didn't really work out very well and she'd get very offended it I commented on her drinking even if it obviously was excessive and make her act like a fool.

sometimes when someone is that focused on there addiction , they aren't really thinking clearly or looking out for whats best for them in the long run

• Did she ever try to contact you?

• she'd talk to me at the bars around here when I'd run into her , we had somewhat of a good connection in person , online things never really worked out , I'd try and talk to her online and never hear back , she's moved away from this are and haven't hear from her since been a year

• Life with a drug addict is hell on earth.

• It was a hell for me... do they ever regret?

• I feel like at my age I should be dating seriously. I'm 25.

• You should, but not until you recover, say 6 months or so. Your mind is still f'd up from being with an addict. You need to see what normal people are like for a while. You also have to get used to less drama.

What Girls Said 2

• It was horrible. My ex got started using cocaine and got into other stuff. It was a disaster and a domino effect of problems.

• Did he ever regret?

• It was hard. I was really pissed for years because my daughter deserved her dad and I just couldn't understand how she wasn't enough to make him quit. If he ever needed a reason, she was it. I told him he wasn't going to be in and out of her life and he had to be sober when he saw her. In a year he saw her maybe, maybe 7 times? He didn't even try. So it was easy for me to get over my hurt, but I was hurt for her and pissed for her. But I met my husband when she was 2 and he adopted her and was more to her in the first week knowing her then her biological farher was in 1 year so. So I got over it by hate. I ended up hating him more than I ever loved him. And then I ended up forgiving him once I loved someone else. Not very nice of me I'm sure. It sucks though.

• I understand why you hated him so much. :( You needed two years to completely move on?

• nope never have