I was dumped and I don't know what to do?

My boyfriend of over a year broke up with my just an hour ago. i found out he was still best friends with his ex, who abused him in the past, and bullied me. saying i had it coming. (the bullying)

He even gave me a promise ring. yes i know im young. but i like to see myself as mature. apparantly his mother suggested it, and hw agreed. he couldnt do the distance, yet he still wants to be best friends.

i haven't felt this much pain in a breakup before and i don't know what to do right now. i don't see anything in the future, i feel hopeless. i have been diagnosed with critical depression but I've never hurt this badly.

Most Helpful Guy

• First, relax. This too shall pass, I guarantee it. I know it hurts. I won't trivialize it. But trust me that life does get better. You're 14. I'm 30 years your senior. So believe me, I've seen it all. It will hurt for a bit. But you'll get past that. And you'll find someone 100% more worthy of you than he was.

Most Helpful Girl

• It hurts but it'll pass. Very few relationships from people your age won't last into adulthood anyways. I think it's better now than never.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 4

• A great way to deal with a breakup is to keep yourself occupied with other people. You will think about your ex in the beginning since you're recovering, but there are people that can help you once you're ready to help yourself. Practicing hobbies, hanging out with friends, practicing sports along with a bit of alone time are some great examples. I know it's hard now, but it could be over soon. The sooner that is, the better you'll feel.

• There's an old saying - You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince. At your age, you have a lot of time ahead of you to forge some great relations. Just dust yourself off and keep going. It can only get better.

• thanks... i was a stupid kid so I've been dating since i was like 11 or so... so I've been through quite a few breakups already though this one hit quite hard

• You're not a stupid kid. Your feelings are perfectly understandable. We all learn from lessons like this. In regards to interpersonal relationships, keeping looking forward, there's nothing to see behind you.

• Talk to a friend whom you trust if you can

• Relax. Time will heal all wounds. I'm sure you find someone new

What Girls Said 1

• Well I know why he broke up with u