How do I tell my boyfriend I don't love him anymore?

I don't know if I love my boyfriend anymore and I dunno how to tell him that I don't love him anymore without crushing him because he hasn't got a family or friends and I'm his everything but the clinginess is just to much for me know what do I do

36

Most Helpful Guy

• The earlier you tell him, the better. Waiting will only hurt both of you. Perhaps you could talk to him about the clinginess.. If not that, you could ask for a break. Some times, time apart is healthy, even for a dedicated couple.

Most Helpful Girl

• If he falls into a depression, it is not your fault. You are not responsible for his life circumstances, all you have control over is yourself and your actions. You do not need to pity him. If the relationship is not working, then you have every right to leave. Just be confident and have your eyes on the prize of freedom once you do it. Tell him honestly that the dynamic between the two of you isn't working anymore and that you need to be single again to work on yourself.

• I still really care for him though, he is a good boyfriend just not what I'm looking for

• If you tell him that, you might just confuse him. Try not to be wishywashy. If you want, you can throw in there at the end that you'd be willing to be friends if he is interested, but it'll probably take a while for him to get to that point, if he ever does. But by saying that he will know that you don't hate him or anything.

What Guys Said 5

• Listen, communication is key to every relationship. Without communication all relationships are bound to doom. If both partners dont know whats on each other's mind then they will never be on the same page. Obviouclingie clinginess thing has been bothering you for a while and from the beggining. But because you never told him whats on your mind and whats bothering you, he never knew whats the problem and because you kept it in it kept bothering you that it got to the point where you started losing attraction to him. Its not his fault you lost attraction, its your fault. If you never speak up about the stuff that are bothering you in your relationships then you will never be in a stable relationship and ul always break up. Dont expect your bfs to be perfect just like that, you'l have to fix somethings in them and if you werent able to fix or if its not fixable then either learn to accept them for who they are or juat break up and move on.

So what you should right now is just tell your boyfriend whats uo and whats making you start losing attraction to him. If you can't tell him face to face then send him a message telling him what has been bothering you all this time and ask him to fix it. Give him a chance and see how it goes. But remember that you both need to always always always be able to express your mind and thoughts to each other. Had you told him this from the beggining he might have watched hinaelf more and fixed it before you started to lose attraction.
    Good luck

• Correction for 6ish column: "OBVIOUSLY" the clinginess thing has been bothering you...

Correction to third line from the bottom: he might have watched "HIMSELF"

• I have told him from the start he doesn't listen to me he continues to try and control me. Trust me I've told him from the start

• hmm i see... in that case you already gave him a warning. tell him again that it's starting to really piss you off and lose attraction and that you are starting to think to stop the relationship. let's see what he says if he keeps going, then break it off with him and tell him you can't take it anymore

• got to do what's best for you obviously do it with care but what has to be done has to be done don't wait

• Depends on how much you've shared, if it's less than a year, cut it off, but if you still care for the guy, make it work, talk openly about the issues, and see if there are underlying issues on his end causing his insecurity.

• Talk to him about how clingy he is. I've been broken up before because of clinginess and it hurts! Just have a conversation to him about it and if he loves you, he'll do his best to lower it down.

• Have you considered cheating on him?

What Girls Said 2

• Well I'm not dating at the moment but I think you should be honest. Just say, you don't think it's going to work out. Then tell him the reason. I'm sure he's a good guy but if he's too clingy it could be because this is new to him. Has he been in a relationship before? Just talk to him about it, hear why he could be that way.

• We've been together for two years

• just tell it