My ex is contacting me a lot.. what should I do?

So my ex told me on Saturday that he still loves me but he is not trying to get back with me he just wants to be there and be friends. We had a pretty shitty breakup but managed to sort stuff out months later after a mutual death of our friend. The thing is I don't like him at all in that way and even though I've told him.. he messages at least 3x a day. I feel almost like I'm leading him on by responding but I also feel guilty not responding when I know what we are both going through..

• Should I repeat I'm not interested and ignore him from now on?
    43%(6)48%(15)Vote53%(9)
  • Should I stop responding without any more information?
    14%(2)23%(7)Vote29%(5)
  • Should I keep speaking to him because I know he is in a bad place?
    7%(1)10%(3)Vote12%(2)
  • Do you have any ideas?
    14%(2)10%(3)Vote6%(1)
  • I don't care ;)
    22%(3)9%(3)Vote0%(0)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Guy

• No ex wants to be just friends. They come back to you because they miss being around people. Don't give him false messages if you don't wanna get into another relationship with him. If you want to test his legitimacy of him being just friends with you, try saying you're seeing someone and see how he reacts. Should definitely help.

• That's exactly how I feel about ex's and that's what worries me.

• You now know how to deal with it in the future. Pass it on to other people in need of help. Happy weekend!

• :* have an amazing weekend :D
      I'll pass your chat on for sure.

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him that you don't go back to a garbage.

What Guys Said 6

• Short straightforward messages, once in a while.

• try and be there i know it is difficult and weird but as long as he and you know its just friends i think that will be cool

• Thanks for responding :)

• tell him how you feel about him and he'll understand

• Tell him one more time why you feel the way you do and that you are sorry you do not feel differently and that you will not be talking with him anymore because you need to move on... "Sorry! Goodbye! :("

• you should of not acknowledge him, to begin with, move away from him you are not his safety chain.

• hit him

What Girls Said 4

• Block him. If you're completely uninterested in what he wants, then there is no reason to keep talking, or to leave him any reason to think he can wear you down.

• Just talk as little as possible. Keep your answers short. Say, like, "sorry I'm kinda busy gotta go finish that hw" or if you're working class "soz I gotta go finish some work. Bye!" or smth like that. Avoid contact. Staying friends with exes... Not a good idea..

• ignore it

• girl mine is doing the same. it's kind of annoying