Gave my ex a ultimatum... Not sure if it was the right thing to do but I did it?

My ex and I have been talking recently.. I. asked him today if he knew what he wanted yet seeing as how we have been hanging out and sleeping together he said he wasn't sure yet and he's working at his life.. So I told him im sick of feeling guilty about wanting to live life and I can't continue being this person who picks him up at the bars so he's not driving drunk and having friends with benefits.. I told him I'm done and I'm done with him being unsure where this is going.. So I think it's best we don't talk to each other for awhile.. But now I'm unsure if it was the right thing for me to do I could lose him but right now I think it's what I have to do for me to make me feel happy

34

Most Helpful Guy

• You did the right thing. Yes, you may lose him. But you'd be better off. If he's that way he won't change. You're doing the right thing.

Most Helpful Girl

• You did the right thing. However you dumped him. He's not coming back. It wasn't an ultimatum you gave him, it was a goodbye.

An ultimatum is "if you don't change I'll stop you from seeing the kids" or whatever. But you just said "I'm not happy being your fallback, goodbye" that was a breakup.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 3

• Nahh u asserting your right to have standards. good 4 u

• If it makes you happy do it.

• i wish I had done this a few months back

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds like you did the right thing to me. You gotta tell people to cut the shit sometimes.

• Good for you! Had you said nothing this would have gone on indefinitely