Gave my ex an ultimatum.. Now what do I do?

I gave my ex an ultimatum and told him that if he doesn't know if he wants a relationship right now.. I can't continue to see him or be a friends with benefits anymore.. I don't know if it was the right choice.. I do love him but I can't wait around and not live my life.. So until he figures out if he wants to be in a relationship with me it's best to just go our separate ways... I do care about him... Did I just make a big mistake or will he come back around

15

Most Helpful Guy

• go and live your life, if he truly wanted to be in a relationship with you he would've asked you already, you did the right thing, he might reconsider what he has lost and crawl back.

the strongest negotiating position is to walk away and mean it, thats what you did, if he never comes back then you won, best wishes.

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't give an ultimatum unless you're going to follow through. If he doesn't want a relationship then it was over anyway, you just would have been settling for less than what you want.

What Guys Said 4

• Your ultimatum carries zero weight if you actually care about him and that you made a mistake. You're just fooling yourself unless you actually do move on.

• Lmao. Don't give your SO an ultimatum unless you are prepared for him/her to leave you.

• Move on. He's a fuckboy

• He's an EX... you already don't have a relationship... move on.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!