would you be personally offended if your partner committed suicide or would you feel like it's your fault? or other? just always been curious as girls and guys seem to think very diffently about this and it's interesting to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't feel offended. I would feel confused. I'd wonder if I was the reason why he committed sucide or if he was dealing with other issues that I was unable to help him with.

I think I would feel terrible. Like I failed or something, because I wasn't able to pick up on it.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 3

• What kind of heartless person would get personally offended at someone committing suicide? You would have to be really selfish if your partner was in so much emotional pain that they took their own lives and all you can think about is how offensive that is to you.

• totally in agreement, my ex partner attempted suicide and when she was in hospital all everyone could say is how "they" felt or how I felt? I didn't care about them or me I just wanted to make sure she was okay but I got heaps of backlash for that? I still think of it until this day and wonder if I was in the wrong.

• If a guy committed suicide I would not think it is my fault. I would assume they had much deeper mental issues that were beyond my help.

• Id be more upset that he didn't come to me for help honestly.

• what about if he did though? and it was something a little out of your control like for me she had a strange belief about her soul being trapped and that's why she tried to kill herself and I couldn't convince her that she wasn't right

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think 'offended' is the correct word here. Hurt would be more like it.

And I don't think anyone could ever possibly say with certainty how they would feel in the situation without firsthand experience. I have no way of knowing how I'd react.

• well mainly why I ask is my first girlfriend attempted suicide a few months into our relationship and when she was in the hospital she requested not to see me as she herself felt guilty and couldn't handle seeing me because of it and everyone always asked me how I felt not much really? I didn't know how I was supposed to feel haha

• Most survivors of this would feel an array of emotions including guilt