Such a damn complicated situation. Any advice?

Me and my girlfriend are both recovering addicts. We broke up 2 months ago and it sucks cuz i still love her and miss her so much. I still wanted to try to make it work but was starting to accept it may not. But then her mom told me some stuff about how she changed and is acting different since we broke up and that makes me think she may be getting high again. This is making me insane all i can think about all day is her getting high and ruining all the progress she's made. I dream about her overdosing or something almost every night. She doesn't want to talk to me, but i can't let go of it. My gut tells me to go see her in person to make sure she's ok, but it would have to be uninvited, and she may get really pissed. But i feel like i have to try to get through to her. She also has a 4 year old son which makes it even more important. And it sounds like this started after the break up so i can't help but feel somewhat responsible. What should i do?

10
Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 1

• Her recovery is not your concern - your recovery is your concern and should be your number one priority and your only priority if it's only recent 2-6 months. I know you care for her and feel compelled to look after her, but in this situation, with recovering drug addicts (no judgement) for your best chance, you need to think of yourself, and any threat to your sobriety should be avoided, including your ex who is a former (or current) drug user.

• True its just hard when im in love with her

• Yes, it's hard, but your recovery is your priority and that means putting it before ex.

What Guys Said 0