Being friends with an EX?

Is it good to remain friends with an EX?
Meeting up, texting, calling each other?

311

Most Helpful Guy

• There are lots of people who can be your friends. There are potential problems with trying to remain friends with an ex.

1. One of you is probably hoping for a reunion and being friends just keeps those hopes alive.

2. If you do reunite, you will probably rediscover why you broke up the first time.

3. The one who hopes for a reunion will become jealous when they learn that the other one has started dating again, spent the night with their SO, etc.

4. When you get into a new relationship, your new SO will be suspicious of your involvement with your ex. With some guys, that is a sufficient red flag that they will not proceed to have any relationship with you.

5. What benefits come from trying to remain friends that would outweigh all these potential negatives?

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on how your relationship ended etc

What Guys Said 10

• It depends on the relationship between the two individuals and on what terms you broke up on, but I'm all for it if it works.

My only ex is a good friend of mine who really liked me and we dated for a few month, realized it wasn't going to be forever, and went back to being good friends. However, if your ex is a jerk and a terrible person and you broke up because he cheated on you, he probably isn't worth keeping around.

• I don't think that would be a good idea. It's complicated because you'll try to make a lots of effort to make that friendship work... but unfortunately soon or later he'll decide to move on and that will hurt you a lot.
    Its senseless, risky and sign of insecurity to still want ex in life. you don't need ex as a friend... all you need is some sense into you.

Good luck...

• If you both moved on, it is good

• Most of the time it is best to let things be. If you did not have a bad breakup and still kinda like each other maybe it is ok to keep in touch but agree upon the boundaries first. Do you want to have sex with him?

• Not really... if they are an ex, it is for a reason.
    I read somewhere that if one door closes, don't keep knocking on it!
    No one likes to go through the lonelies, but in order to grow, you have to let go and learn to enjoy your own company. That is what I am doing now.
    You have to let go of the past to move on into the future.
    Good luck

• Better being friends than enemies. If you broke up in good terms I don't oppose the idea at all.

• Depends if you were friends before dating. Could you be friends again. It's a possibility but most times it's unhealthy if either one of you try and date other people. Someone is harboring feelings of anther chance at a relationship or at least a hook up.

• Not the best idea, plus it'd be hell on damn near every single relationship you enter.

• No.. best to never associate with them ever again. Plus a new SO could be upset by this.

• Not a good and wise idea in my opinion. It's always best to keep distance from ex. Hey, I have a question, do you like guys with shaved smooth body including legs?

• I like hair... lol I'm a bit hairy myself

• Bit hairy, as in some light visible lower leg fuzz?
      That's cute. Haha. So you even like guys who have LOTS of hair on his torso and groin?

• Lol yeah... lol his hair should be cute. If he's a neat person, I don't see the problem with he keeping/having hair.

What Girls Said 2

• I think it depends on the relationship. Was the breakup mutual? I feel like when you try to be friends after a dating you will never be just friends. Too much has happened between the two of you. You run the risk of someone still having feelings and them getting them hurt (again) whenever the other person starts seeing someone new. I tried being being friends with an ex, it mostly worked up until non-friendlike things happened between us and we started dating again.

• Ugh I'm happy mine is out of my life. 😂 but hey do whatever you want but starting fresh is life