Have you ever "ghosted" someone or just suddenly stopped all contact with them and if you have why?

77

Most Helpful Guy

• Sorta.

It was a girl who just came on so strong to me in ways that took me back. On our first date she was already asking when I was born and looking up our horoscope for marriage compatibility right in front of me and showing the results that said we were so compatible for marriage.

Then after that she lived far away, over an hour, and we couldn't meet so much but she kept sending me selfies of her face like 3 times a day. And at first I thought it was cute but it was starting to feel really weird.

She then asked me for my picture so that she could have something to always remember me by and I sent her my picture. We met for a second date and she had my picture as her cell phone background.

After that I just texted her and said I'm so sorry, I'm really getting busy lately and might not have time to talk to her so much and the distance was making things really difficult for me.

I then never replied to her. I just didn't know how to break it to her more directly than that. She was just creeping me out too much. It was immature and I wish I just told her I wasn't interested in hindsight. I just didn't know how to deal with that at the time.

• We all learn, I had to do it to some people before I just told them flat out I wasn't interested also. It takes a lot, but you did give her hints and she was invested very quickly and in today's day and age we really need time to get to know people before all that in my opinion lol. Thanks for your post :)

• Yeah bro just leave it if you see her again just be nothing more than friends if she really wants you as a friend 😂

• Wow! I'm certainly not an advocate of ghosting but it seems like this girl didn't leave you much choice!

Most Helpful Girl

• I have before. I still feel bad about it to this day but I was constantly talking to the one guy for 4 months and he never once initiated a date or even added me on other social media besides snapchat. I eventually just stopped responding to his messages once I met my now boyfriend. Sometimes things just fizzle out I guess.

What Guys Said 6

• yep im guilty of it.. and as for why? cuz she creeped me the fuck out lol..

• I've temporarily ghosted because I don't want to seem needy

• I've ghost someone who didn't stay in contact with me.

• I did once, my teacher in school 😂😂. I'd cover my face if she was in front of me.

• no, I've not

• Yes. After sex. She wouldn't stop obsessing.

• I liked her. She just would relax.

What Girls Said 6

• Yes, it was because he was being a total creep.

• I sure have a few times they were losers and a waste of my time.

• Yes I have. And it was always because I was lied to manipulated, possibly stolen from and generally stabbed in the back and used for their personal gain, never giving back.

• I have because my needs weren't being met even after we discussed them. And we both wanted something different. There was no need in being around them.

• I have, but only if I feel I'm being played or manipulated. I don't do it as a general rule, because it's been done to me before , and it's hurtful.

• I've only ever ghosted once which was last year... but I don't even know if it's considered ghosting. I met a guy out in a bar, we exchanged numbers (because my friends pushed me to). He text me saying to get home safe, I replied with 'thank you blah blah blah' and then the next day he asked me out and I never replied. I just couldn't be bothered. I thought to myself 'I don't even know him, I'm not interested' so I just left it.