Would you rather your partner left you because they loved somebody else or because they died?

So they have to leave your life, would it hurt less if they died or if they replaced you?

• I'd rather they replaced me
  • I'd rather they died, peacefully of course, like in their sleep :)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

106

Most Helpful Guy

• I got into a really big argument with a woman I dated. Her husband died. I was in an unwanted divorce. I say it is way harder in a divorce. Yes, it is horrible to lose anyone. Especially someone you love. At least when someone dies, you have closure. You say goodbye, you work through the pain, then you move on.
    In a divorce, the person you love more then anything else on earth... your best friend who you can talk to about anything... says they don't want you anymore. They say they never loved you even though you have been together 25 + years or more sometimes. So you have to try and move forward in life knowing the person you love is with someone else. I much rather she had died then lose her the way I did.

Most Helpful Girl

• Died. If they left me for someone else I'd always wonder how they were better or what went wrong or if they had been cheating. And from experience having someone leave you for someone else is a horrible feeling

What Guys Said 5

• I don't want to know how hard it would be to try and grieve the loss of someone who loved me to their dying breath. I'd rather just see her happy, even if it's without me

• I'd rather choose "because someone else"
    doesn't mean she cheats on me
    ok might hurts

but at least she's alive and fine...

• "I'd rather they replaced me" should be the easy answer...

• if you really love someone you want them to be happy. even without you.

• You have to be a young person who has never been in a truly long term relationship. Try saying that after spending a quarter of a century with someone. After having multiple children with someone. You will find that comment to be complete horseshit.

• I've been left for somebody else multiple times lol

I'd rather they've died peacefully, at least knowing they loved me til death due us part

What Girls Said 9

• I'd rather he replaced me.

• I'd rather he dump me for someone else and be happy because I wouldn't want him to be dead at all. Yes I'd be heartbroken but I would still love him enough to want him to be happy even if it wasn't with me.

• If I love them I'd rather see them happy with someone else then be left trying to live without them

• I would want him to leave for someone else. I might be mad at first, but at the end he ends up happy and I'm ok with that.

• lol what kind of question is this? If i love someone i wouldn't want them to die (plus it would be super painful for me to deal with it) I'd rather they replaced me with someone else. I mean... yeah, i might hate that person, but at least like i said... if i love (or used to love) someone, i wouldn't want them to die

• Honestly I would rather they died

• Omg don't make me think about this! 🙈🙉

• because they are died

• How selfish are people to pick B...

• Not here to judge

• I'm just shocked that people can say they love their partner, and then go and pick that they would rather them die. I think it's fair to judge them for it, they're obviously liars.

• I see , wow