How do you feel about having any of your Exes on your social media?

4747

Most Helpful Guy

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

Who cares WHAT an ex thinks of you or how he/she treats you? They are an EX. no one has any business communicating with an EX anyway.

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.

Most Helpful Girl

• All of my exes except like 2 are deleted and or blocked. The two still on my list... it's a stretch to say they're exes. We dated... didn't take off but stayed cool with each other. I root for them, there's no Jade between myself and those two. Even most of my actual exes... doesn't bother me, it was just best that way, a good clean cut.

What Guys Said 46

• There is a reason why they are exes. Let's keep it that way! Trying to remain "friends" at any level is almost always a mistake (unless you have children together.)

• i would never stay "friends" or "subscribed" to any ex. Once we break up, I immediately unfriend them. Women love to think they have men "friends". Sorry but that is a fantasy. The only reason men stay friendly with women is in hopes of sex at some point. They may not even actively think about it. We just keep you women on our radar and maybe down the road both of us are single and Boom goes the dynamite.

• I have a couple of them; I don't talk to them often, but I don't see any problem with the ones that I think of as old friends now. There are some exes that I don't like appearing on my social media, but not to the point that I block them.. It's just that there are some old resentments that they recall even if they don't talk about those times.

• My ex is on Facebook, as is my son (which we had together). I don't really communicate with her unless I have to (those issues pertaining to our son). Outside of that, while I might note her postings, I never respond (at least not to her). Mind you I have thoughts and feelings about some of what she says and does on the site, but again, I also know our son is aware, I'm not going to do or say anything that will cause him grief.

• One I email on her birthday; she is not on FB.
    One I visit her FB page every now and then, but we are not FB friends because of spouses. I trade emails with her a few times a year.
    One is a FB friend and she is the one who sucked me more into FB.
    One I FB message on her birthday.
    One has me blocked on FB but I email with her mom.
    One is dead but I am FB friends with her daughters.

• Like I'm still facebook friends with my ex. I just stop following her once she got into a serious relationship.

• Would not like it. I deleted mine and feel the best - was kind of put off when one liked an instagram post I made out of the blue.

• Imho It's a bad idea especially post break up. If you're able to control yourself and not go on their page, just remove them from your feed.

• I tried with my last girlfriend. It was too hard seeing her with some other guy. I just ended up unfriending her

• Don't think exes should be friends and stay away from each other on social media.

• I unfollow or unfriend my exes (even ex friends) because going through my feed and seeing their pictures always causes bad memories

• I can't even get a woman to accept my friend request again, we weren't even dating, she knew I liked her though.. and it's been pending for two months now. We were friends had a falling out over a period of time and stopped talking etc then we seemed to get back on track I suppose talking every now and then and conversation flows like there never was an issue, everything seems peachy but she won't accept it for some reason.

• My girlfriend broke up with me in November. I still have her on my facebook in case she wants to get back together. But once I find someone else I will block her. She was still in my heart for about 3 months after the breakup. And a little in my mind to this day. If you have already found someone than remove them and move on. If you still love him than try getting back together depending on why you guys broke up.

• I don't care but they all unfriended me.

• I don't.

After we break up, I block them everywhere.

• depends on my relationship with them. If we go different ways but stay friends then okay, but other than that... no

• The only time it's ok is if it was a mutual break up and you're still on good terms otherwise it's just torture.

• its weird but if your mature and over the past its a cool thing

• Nah get rid, they can't help you anymore because there in the past. Just block them out of your life.
    I see people keep their exs on social media and you hear them talk about them all the time πŸ˜‚, it's great to make fun of them though!

• Neutral.

• Lucky never have used social media except WhatsApp and Email.

I would not know.
    But.. maybe I will be fine with it.

• I have a few exes in touch, BUT I know I shouldn't. It has the almost guaranteed result of messing up current relationships.

• They are either deleted or blocked.

• i dont keep any kind of contact with my ex

• It will eventually cause problems

• Don't like the idea.

• I have an ex fiancΓ©e, but I kno my girlfriend has plenty of her exes so I don't feel bad

• He'll no I Fuck around get drinking be like Sup with dinner?

• stalking and seeing how things going

• I'd rather avoid it, generally there is nothing to gain.

• More from Guys
    16

What Girls Said 46

• depends on the ex; i have one i'm still on speaking terms with, though i don't go out of my way to contact him or check his profile. he was a good friend before we dated and, even though we aren't close now, i didn't see an issue with keeping him on fb.

the others, though? blocked and removed.

• Personally, its not something that I would do. Once we are done, I really dont want that person to keeps tabs on my life and know what I am doing. And I dont want to be tempted to look at their page, so I just block them.

• For now I'm friends on Facebook with my one ex that I dated for 2 years. Usually I block ex's but I've kept him on so he can see how great I'm doing in life and in love. I've moved on 100% but he's still an ass, and a part of me likes him seeing how fab I'm doing/looking lol.

Immature? Maybe... lol. Satisfying? Yes.

• I'm still friends with my ex on most social media. He was at one point in my life very special to me. The break up ended well and after we both took some time for ourselves we were able to be friends again and we catch up from time to time.

• I have three of my ex's on Facebook. One doesn't get on regularly (therefore is never in my feed). The other two do but one we actually are friends and I use it as a way to keep up with each other. The other... I wasn't trying to be the petty ex that blocked him on every social media (even though I probably should have 😴). But I kept him bc I was curious to know how his current relationship would work out and why she deserved his faithful and not me. And then also, I wanted to know why he was hitting my up again trying to 'catch up and make sure I'm ok' at 2 in the am. πŸ‘‰πŸΎπŸ™ƒ. Oh and I added his ex/current girlfriend too. Lol πŸ˜‚

• I have an old ex on facebook, we don't even communicate. Lol. It's not a big deal. My boyfriend has his ex on his facebook too - doesn't bother me. We both know that we aren't about to cheat and will correct anybody who tries to lead us astray.

• I don't feel bad since I am not in direct contact with him.
    and social media should not have any effect whatsoever on anybodies life.

• I don't, and when I did his girlfriend made him unfollow me lol.

• I'm fine with it, so long as we're both on the same page about wanting to be just friends.

• It depends. I'm friends with most of my exes. I use friend kinda lightly, though. We get along and have moved on. Still enjoy catching up from time to time.

In regards to my most recent ex, I created a new facebook under a different name, a new twitter... anything he could use to try to talk to me again - gone.

• I've never been in a relationship but I have on social media the guys I was in love with, I don't see the reason why should I delete them. I deleted only one of them he loved me for 10 years and couldn't get over the fact that I rejected him, last year he asked me out again and when I rejected him again he got so angry that started insulting me :D And I deleted him, he still follows me and sends me romantic messages from time to time. I don't read them.

• I usually delete my exes. There was only one I kept on Facebook, since it was left open to possibly being together again someday. Now, I just see him as a friend and wouldn't date him again. We talk and everything, but I'm single right now, but once I officially start dating this certain guy I'm going to delete my ex.

• Past is past. There is no point in hoping for them to get back with me. I also see nompoint in sharing my life or seeing how theirs is going. I wish them the best and rest is unimportant to me. So i wouldn't bother to keep them on my social media accounts.

• Yeah afyer I break up with them I delete them. I don't need to know what they're up to and I don't like them knowing everything I'm doing

• There was a guy a few years ago that I really liked, and the feelings were mutual. However, a couple of misunderstandings and differing class schedules tore us apart 2 years ago. We didn't talk for a while but now are on good terms with each other. I know he really doesn't count as an "ex", but still... Reconciliation is possible :)

• I don't really have bad exes so I don't care. With one I'm still friends and the other actually did unfriend me on Facebook and I honestly didn't really care. I mean it's bit overreacted but okay.

• Unfriended all but one... he got mad the last time I deleted him. He's married now, I'm not and it was messy back then. I don't want to be networked with that kind of negative energy but we barely talk and his page is very professional so whatevs.

• I have most of my ex's on facebook. We were friends before we were ever in a relationship so why should we loose our friendship in the process.

• I'm never friends with my ex's on social media I tired with my current ex and when he got into a new relationship a week after we broke up him and his friends rubbed it my face and made me fall backwards on trying to get over him so I blocked him and them on everything.

• Depends how it ended

• Uh, no. They lost that chance when they decided I wasn't enough for them lol. They can use their friends accounts to see mine if they are really that desperate. lol

• that is something i wouldn't do, if we're over, you sure won't be up in my personal business on social media where i sure things with family and friends... hell no

• I have all my exes on social media. I think blocking them is unnecesary and Kind of childish.

• Usually I never friended them or unfriended them when the relationship ended. That is for me to overcome faster. One of them I became friend again after 6 mos. and we still message each other once in a while.

• It used to break my heart every time his name popped up. Not anymore, doesn't even matter now πŸ‘

• I have a couple of exes there but there is no evidence that we ever dated. Heck I barely have evidence of a relationship that last for years.

• Nah
    I would never keep them around

• I blocked him, his family members, and mutual friends because they were reporting things I said and he was getting mad when he came to pick up / drop off our son. Even if the comment didn't apply to him he'd read into it.

• I don't add a guy to my social media because I like my privacy and I like to give them theirs. But once I'm finished with a guy, he gets blocked from everything.

• I feel fucking weird having the guys I've just hooked up with on social media, let alone i would have an ex on there also. Heck no. Lol

• More from Girls
    16