How did you fully move on, let go, and not care about your ex anymore? Girls please?

Hi,

My ex dumped me 2 months ago and I've been struggling a fair bit moving on and letting go. I really want to just move on and not care what he does, thinks, says, or anything. I've started improving myself like going to the gym, eating healthier, becoming friends with new people. But I still find myself hung up on him. I know that I am not so deep in love in with him anymore because I don't find myself tempted to speak with him or even try to get him back.

I do miss him, and I wish I didn't. And I do wish he would regret letting me go.

So I just wanted to know, can you tell me your breakup experience and how you moved on and got your happy ending that you deserved?

52

Most Helpful Guy

• well I'm going through a divorce atm. so all I can say is invest in yourself. work hard and occupy yourself in every way.. mentally and physically so you better yourself and make friends and get closer to your old friends..

I am very sorry and wish you all the best.

Most Helpful Girl

• I had this same problem when my ex broke up with me. And tbh, I didn't completely get over him until I met someone new that I could fall in love with. The fact that you said you're not so deep in love with him anymore is a really great sign. Just keep reminding yourself you're better off without him and focus on the future. Focus and what it's going to be like when you do meet someone new and they treat you a million times better. Everyday, it will get a little easier.

• thank you! I hope you find someone great xx

What Guys Said 1

• I've never had a girlfriend but I've had many crushes on girls who werent interested. It usually takes me a minimum of 3 months to start to feel better. When i actively tried to get over one of my crushes, i deleted all of my texts/facebook messages from her, stopped contacting her, removed snapchat and instagram, stopped going on facebook as much and avoided her until i was over her. I tried to distract myself as much as possible by going to the gym and drawing a lot more. Also another thing is i avoided listening to sad music. It takes time. I didn't even realize i had moved on from her until i had a new crush. Now when i see this girl i feel nothing for her. Its strange how these things effect us.

• It is strange, and definitely overwhelming. Thank you for your response. I hope I too can stand in front of him and feel nothing soon.

• Its like quitting smoking, not that i smoke. But you have to actually want to move on to be able to do it. My crushes mostly dragged out longer than they should because i had that hope i could be with her. the sooner you can accept the sooner you can move on. Look at it like a grieving process. It doesn't just happen over night.

• you can never stand in front of him without feeling anything. if he's been important to you you will be overwhelmed if you see him again 2 years later. at least that happened to me, i ran away only to realize later that it was just his look alike cuz i creeped on his instagram to check how he look but he's fat and ugly now so te guy who i saw wasn't him at all. but in my case I've beem single since him. i still think about him now but i won't have him back even if i could.

What Girls Said 4

• Think about yourself and keep your mind busy its not easy i know better yourself and most importantly love yourself

• I had to start chatting and flirting with guys to get over my ex. I'm not saying get in a relationship I'm just saying maybe it might help to flirt with a few or have some good sex with someone

• Be patient with yourself and your emotions. Let yourself have a good cry, let it all out and try to find it in yourself to except what you can't change. Be grateful that you had the experience and learned from it. If you really love him you should want him to be happy even if it's not with you. Hope your feeling better soon

• Time