How do you get over someone? What might have been "the one"?

I'm not sure if I can move on past this girl. Up and down the checklist everything was perfect. I just can't move on. It's stupid, but that's the girl I was supposed to end up with. I'm just not sure how to keep moving forward knowing I've lost the one thing we all live for. I'm doing all these great things, but it doesn't matter to me because it doesn't matter to her. I'm not 18 though my profile will not allow me to edit my age. I'm 23 and I've had multiple relationships, some being years long. I'm just not sure what to do with myself.

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Listen; there is no "the one" there are many people out there that you will meet who may or may not fit your standards. You can sulk all day over one girl or pick yourself up and be thankful for the opportunity to meet other ladies :)

• I see what you're saying. I respect it. It's just hard to move on past it. I just don't think there's another fit for me. How do you move on past that idea?

• I've been in your footsteps; trust me I know how hard it is and how much it really hurts. You really want to blame yourself for letting that opportunity slip. But in the end, no matter how much you cry, stress or feel guilt; that amount will never bring them back to you. You have to learn to forgive yourself, and them for walking away. Learn to let go and have some time for yourself.
      Once you have had time to yourself, socialise around with other people. There are a good 7 billion people in the world and 50% of them could meet your ideal standards, you won't know until you find out

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• by time

• Help me please? I don't know what to do with myself either!

What Guys Said 1

• I had that girl ten years ago, and I still love her