So I've got a bit of a situation I need to talk about?

my boyfriend and i have lived together on and off now for about 3 years. for the past year, almost two he's not had a job so we've been around eachother pretty much 24-7. we keep getting into these giant arguments.. i feel like im always doing wrong but i feel like he starts it. like for example right now i was playing fall out and was totally unaware of something and he snatched the controller and said 'this is why i hate watching you play this effing game" and got me to where i had to be. he makes me feel like shit. id leave, but we have kids. i just wish i knew how to change this. I've debated couples counselling. but i dont know.

16

Most Helpful Guy

• From a person who deals with this, when you do not work, you get bored so your mind gets too deep into things. My dad retired from the state police in 2004 at 45 and has had not had a consistent job since. Being at home isn't relaxing like it used too, he wakes up at like 7 to see my mom leave for work, then he watching bible shows and plays the same bible music over and over again. He reads conspiracy theories on things like the democrats want to take away the guns and lower the age of consent to like 7.
    He tries to push this on me and my sister, he barely cleans anything, he does nothing productive. He has not worked for more than 4 months straight since 2004, his old cop friends have offered him jobs all the time but he turns them down. He had an opportunity to work for the sheriffs department but "missed the interview" aka he decided to install a new toilet that day. He does into random fits of anger too. So because of this when i'm not in school i'm either at the gym or the bar. Does your man do similar things?

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow that is a tough situation. I think counselling is a good idea since you want to work at it. Have you spoken to him about how you are feeling?
    I do not believe staying together for the kids is always a good idea, in fact it can often be an awful idea.
    I hope you get some helpful answers & that things get better for you.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 5

• it's time to change the life of your kids

• why does he not have a job?

• honestly i dont know. he's given three different answers to it. i told him he has until march because i can't keep with it.

• most people can't handle being around someone 24/7 and we need small breaks.

• you need to grow up, and be more responsible.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!