How would you break up with someone?

Feel free to add your own opinion in the comments. 🙈How would you break up with someone??

• Text Message
  • Letter
  • Phone Call
    Vote C
  • Face to face
    Vote D
  • Other (Please mention in comments)
    Vote E

Most Helpful Girl

• if you were exclusive or dated him/her for more than a month, you owe the other person a face-to-face explanation.

if you were one and done, or very casual, an email or fb message is fine.

if you are concerned that the other person will become violent, break up in a public place to minimize your risk; if s/he is emotional and there's no risk of violence, end things somewhere private and let them keep their dignity.

Most Helpful Guy

• Has to be done F2F but with some compassion. You may wind up hurting the other person but you don't need to be a douche about it. Be honest & direct & try not to place blame all on them for the failure of the relationship. F2F, that's how it should be done.
    I learned that F2F is the only real respectable way to end things after realizing the damage I did by ending a relationship with a phone call & feeling pretty crappy when someone broke up with me in a letter.
    I did date one girl that was CRAZY. Seriously, I got a little scared one time we had a big fight & I started to tell her that I think we needed to take a break for awhile. She got all intense & had the crazy eyes. In the end I had a friend of mine do it for me. I know that sounds like a puss move but the next day, my car window was smashed, I had 4 flat tires & she threw a rock through my front window. She actually wound up stabbing her next boyfriend in the thigh. She was nuts, but totally smoking. I wonder what she's doing these days. Maybe I'll give her a call.

• I had an ex pull a chefs knife out on me so I ended it the next day at school.

• @elbicho Unless someone brings something up that makes me think of it then I do not think of her. I am very happy with my girlfriend that I am with.

• That's cool, respectable & the way it should be. I however find myself occasionally thinking about the nutball. & the worst part of it is that I think of her fondly. I'm pretty sure that something is wrong with me. I like a little crazy but this one was way over the top & yet she still holds some attraction to me.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 10

• I think it kinda depends on the length and seriousness of the relationship. If you've only been out a few times or together a few weeks I feel like there's nothing wrong with a text or a call. But if you've been together for a while like several months/ years and it's more serious then definitely face to face is the more respectful way to end it.

• Face to face, or via phone/video chat as an absolute last resort. Breaking up with someone via text, email, or letter is just low.

• give them an xbox without the power cord then be like "our relationship is like this xbox. it's just not gonna work"

• Face to face. As much as it sucks, it ha to be done that way.

• Face to face.

• Face to face

• face to face because anyway if I dumped him by text, call, etc... He ll just ask to meet so

• Face to face.

• Phone them or text them.. It's pointless meeting up face to face just to break up.

• Face in his ass

What Guys Said 16

• It depends on where it is decided that I do not want anything to do with them anymore. So either personally or via communication of any sort. If we're done and over with, I don't ower them the time and effort to waste to say goodbye. If they think that's so important, why don't they come to me instead?

• It proves you are a coward not going to the other person and doing it in person.

• @MysteriousDarkness not it proves I have other more important stuff to do, like browsing 9gag or watching porn for instance.

This applies especially if this person cheated but still insists on remaining together. I owe them shit at that point so I will not waste energy on a cheater just to tell them to their face we're no longer together.

• Anything other than face-to-face is cowardly and disrespectful.

• I am by no means suggesting this is the best way at all, but I'm a big fan of the big fade away. It's like you were dating a ghost...

• Face to face, everytime.

• The only right way, is face to face. Anything else, to me, shows a lack of respect.

• Anyone who doesn't do it face to face, is an asshole.

• After everything had been said or was evident, l did ghost them

• Any other method is rather rude. But I don;t think i will ever be in that situation anyway. Women always reject me without fail

• Gee, at least your pollsters get it, eh?
    No, you don't break up in a text. LOL

• Through twitter ofc

• I'd let her find me in bed with another woman.

• I did by text but I wish I had done it Face to face

• Definitely face to face to tell her it was time to move on

• Face to face. "I don't want to be with you anymore so I'm breaking up with you."

• Face to face I hoping she dont smack me.

• Face to face.