How did you get over being cheated on?

It's been 2 months and a week. Yes my pain is getting less and less with time, but I just couldn't stop thinking of "what if" and "why".

how could you do it and get tottaly over it?

Most Helpful Guy

• time heals all wounds. it's a trite saying but it is true in this matter. for me i tried to surround myself with friends and family. indulge in personal interests. basically just do things to take my mind off of thigns

then i also stopped those "what if" and "why" questions because those questions will almost never be fully answered and even if they are it won't really fix anything

just try to be patient and let yourself heal. it can take a long time.

• Yes, time really heals it's the truth and not just a saying ecause the exact same thing happened with me before I've been betrayed twice, the first one was really destroying it took me long time to heal I wouldn't imagine that I'll get over it but I did! And then the second one came.. so yea I believe in time even if it'll be so long that's what I need. Thank you❤️❤️

• i've been cheated on twice as well. the first time was rough but the girl had bipolar and so i know she had issues. i think I also felt like well it could happen to anyone. when it happened the second time it felt more damaging. i literally didn't date for nearly 3 years. it sounds cheesy but surrounding yourself with friends and family a lot helps 1. distract you and 2. reminds you how much you are loved

Most Helpful Girl

• Never been cheated on but I think after every sudden break up you get those questions"why?" and "what if". You already know me well so I'm not gonna mention the details online, you already know them 😂❤

I'm gonna give you my honest opinion here, I dont think the question of "why" goes away, UNLESS, 1> you ask him why (which I dont recommend coz we both know how he will react, and I dont want you to get even more hurt coz of him) and 2> is if YOU stop yourself for caring about "why". I'll tell you the reason why he dad that... coz he's a jerk. Thats the only answer to your question. You didn't do anything wrong at all, you gave him love and attention but he didn't appreciate it and he was acting cold, moreover, he was leading you on. Thats what you call a jerk. So the only thing you can do is when you as yourself"why" answer yourself"coz he's a jerk" xD or "I dont care why. I'm better off without someone like that". Coz the thing is, you have to convince yourself. We might tell you everything on what to do, but if YOU dont decided to convince yourself then it will all go for nothing. And about the "what if.." there's no "what if" honey, its or "it is" or "its not" and EVERYTHING happen for a reason, if its "what if he wasn't cold" etc. Then it wouldn't be him. So basically you're imagining someone elses' personality. and that someone else WILL come along. He will treat you like a queen and you'll be happy that the "what if's" didn't come true with that jerk. So c'mon, its time you close that chapter of the book in your life and start with a new one, a better one, a chapter which you deserve. ❤ Perciosaaaa 😘😘😘

• **preciosa

• I just saw thisss
      Well first yes I do know you and I'm so thankful!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️
      I was just wondering if I'm the only one who feel like that and wanted to know people's experiences and when I got them I felt so happy cz they became stronger and they could move on!!!
      secondly I really did close that chapter if I didn't I wouldn't be that strong now!!!❤️Your words always gets me and makes my day everytime I read them love you my bestie you're amazing❣️

• I'm so thankful toooo❤

and exaaaactly, of course it makes them strong AND wiser, thats what we always said 💖 look at the bright side always

aaaaand you're amaaazing tooooo 😍😍 love you 😘❤

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 8

• Time heals all wounds hun. Try and stop asking yourself those questions. There is nothing you could of done differently to save the relationship.
    I got over it by the help of my friends and saying goodbye for her forever. She'd still dead to me.

• well my ex used me in every way. so i can't say for sure that she cheated on me. but it took me more than 5 months, but im glad i had that experience, because i learned many important lessons from that

• it hurts as fuck. but this make you strong. Talk to other people, have fun. You need start living again.

i send u a warm hug, animo !!

• As the buddha says 'let go all that brings you pain and suffering' it's all a matter of choice, find the strength from within, go Fuck a few guys and clear your head, then find a guy who fully appreciates you

• I've been cheated on twice, so I stopped trusting girls very easily. I got over by spending more time with my friends and doing things outside.

• took me 6 months... be strong, do something that takes off your mind and keeps you busy..
    learn an instrument or any new thing... would be easy !!!

• A girl like you doesn't deserve to be cheated on! And actually no one does.
    Give yourself sometime don't push yourself to forget it's not easy dear..
    you already got over it you just need more time and I'm sure that you're a strong girl and you'll get back on your feet again

• Just stop picking fuckboys for your SO.

What Girls Said 12

• Hmm, thanks for inviting me, i have never been cheated on but a person very very close to me has, and she had a very long relationship with that man i am talking about more than 20 years, she was VERY HURT, but she decided she won't suffer, she thought about her self more and made a lot of changes.
    She started changing her lifestyle making more sports and eating healthy
    she went shopping changed her whole style
    she meets more with her friends and family and has a lot of fun with them
    she changed hairstyle (classical move to forget him)
    she just threw away everything that reminded her of him
    SHE IS THE HAPPIEST person in the world now, and she said that she regret it for not leaving him years ago (he was a constant cheater)

I think it is better to just say : OK BETTER NOW THAN TOO LATE, i hope you get over it doll <3

Good luck

• Oh!!! I really needed to read a positive thing!!! Thank you so muchhhh!! And you know I did half of what she did and I think I'll continue and do more lol! Better now than too late👌 This is what I always say to myself thank god I knew the truth before it's really too late, that time I would be completely destroyed but I'm not and that's the good thing❤️❤️❤️

• Will do love!!💕💕💕
      Hahahahaha I KNOOOW everyone is handsome there that breaks my heart😂😂😂😂😭 even the girls are beautiful like how!!! by the way I was going to tell you that you're so pretty when I first followed you and will say it again you're pretty!!!😘😘😍 I'll book a flight to Italy NOW 🏃🏻‍♀️

• AWWWWWWWWWW, thank you so much dollface, you are pretty yourself, yes you did good following me i did follow back as well, i need myself a sister on GAG lol <3 anytime beautiful.

• Well first of all, it's obviously his loss and not yours. You've lost nothing with it, you just only gained, and what I mean with gained is that you've gained an experience that no woman or man should ever feel, yet next time you'll be much wiser.
    Second, what I've done when my ex cheater on me was that I was depressed about it, cause I was asking the same questions as you, yet soon I decided that I should stop feeling sorry for myself, I should pick myself up, and work on myself. Do not, I repeat, do not talk to that fker. You need a rest, you need to focus on yourself. It's still going to hurt after it but you're going to feel much better about yourself if you just give yourself some time. Just focus on what matters the most to you in life.

• just focus on how thankful you are to no longer be with a guy you almost settled for and thought you deserved. . Your trust was misplaced but that's a reflection of his character... not yours.

Betrayal is so painful , so it can take a long time to get over the hurt. One of the most challenging tasks after being betrayed is trusting again. I honestly believe betrayal is the most painful emotional experience to face. It can leave you feeling worthless , and rejected

Try not to question " why"and " what if" because that's just feeding your pain. It'll prevent you moving on from the hurt and keep your pain raw. People cheat because opportunity controls their loyalty. They lack willpower and have no self- control over their desires and emotions. So cheating will always be your exes potential.

The pain will ease , but just make sure you don't prevent his wrongdoing from allowing you to trust again. That would give your ex too much control over your future happiness ❤

• You're amazing!! You helped a lot! From what you said seemed to me that you've been there before and you really recognize the pain.. what you said is so true and I'll follow your advice dear❤️ It's inspiring me how many girl here and out there got betrayal when they were too too good, and now they got more beautiful and stronger than ever.. women are amazing❤️...

• You'll get over it eventually. Everyone heels at their own pace. My ex cheated on me while I was overseas and I was over it the minute I found out and I got rid of him lol. That was a sign he wasn't the one. I agree with the guy who made the fuckboy comment however it can be hard to tell the fuckboys from the good guys sometimes (because fuckboys say all the right things to make us think they're just good guys who are misunderstood). You'll get better at it as you get older.

• Wow you're so strong!!! Proud of you!!
      It's true, but of course we wouldn't pick them if we knew what they're going to do. Boys always have surprises wether they were good boys or bad! thank you sure I'll get better I think I just need more time❤️

• You are very strong too sweety. I just don't think you realize it yet, but you will. Mr good guy will come along in due time

• Basically.. I got under someone else, then you know got married lol nah truly First off my Gran is into all that spirit cleansing stuff so I like to do it sometimes I deleted all photos I didn't go through them just file delete new life no memories needed then I sold the jewelry he got me a bought new stuff then I decided to burn some sage.. And everything he ever bought me it was the teddy bear genocide of 2012 I remember getting to the one I loved the most his name was bubby he had a wittle heart he held.. I ripped his heart out and tossed him into the pot then I burned some sage listened to some music then went about life hung out with friends picked up some new hobby worked out when ever I felt frustrated which made my ass like.. AMAZING and then after six months I got under a new dude which my ex HATED but it's like fuck you you cheated on me I can date who I want mind your business I focused on school had fun in my new relationship and I don't even think about that dingus even married the new dude but that's just me

• I don't know. Hit the gym. Get hot. Tell them to fuck themselves.

• what an idiot, you re gorgeous <3
    I don t know, you just need to put in your mind that he s not worth a single thought of yours.
    when you think of him, just think of how he hurt you instead of the good memories and you d feel repulsed by the idea of him in the end.

• Honestly? Its not an automatic thing, and i am sorry that you and anyone else is going through it. Just stay away from them and away from memory triggers, what helped me too was to get away for a while, go for a trip and relax for a few days, you will feel a lot better.

• His loss baby

• I got over it by cutting please never do that but yah I cut and I actually thinks it just gotton me worse its been 6 years and I'm still doin it

• Don't!! :/ no one is worth it. No one should stop you from being happy even if they tear you apart you should always find a way to stand back up again. Not by cutting Dont do that to yourself

• Anytime :) <3

• Be the best version of yourself and show him what he's missing, because he'd be lucky to have you. This way you can build confidence to go for someone who'll treat you right while also making him regret his choice

• Wasn't the guy for you and the pain will fade over time. Be straight up with yourself and move on. Yeah it hurts but don't waste your time thinking about someone who obviously didn't value you.