What is your opinion on being at least acquaintances with an ex you had a good mutual break up with?

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no stock answer, it depends on you, on them and on whether or not being friends will likely cause any complications, confusion or delay in closure. If you had a good break up in which neither of you hold desires to be back together then you could probably be acquaintances or even friends. If one of you is still holding desire to reignite the relationship then it is probably best that you don't stay in touch, at least for a while.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see a problem with it tbh. I'm still friends with my ex and my boyfriend is friends with his ex. As long as it's nothing or ever going to be more than friends then it's fine.

What Guys Said 2

• acquaintances are fine with ex's, i have some ex's i'm still cordial with because our break up was amicable

• I can't do it. Once a girl is my "mate" I can't be around to see them with other guys

What Girls Said 2

• Personally, I cut all means of contact with an ex. It just brings too much drama into your life, and complicates future relationships if you stay in contact. I have no need to keep in contact with an ex. I prefer to let go and move on

• Not really a fan of that
    Ex is ex in my opinion