How to get over my ex for good?

My ex and I were together for 3 years. He has left me numerous times but he always came back. This last break up I'm pretty sure is the absolute last one. He left me after accusing me of cheating because a guy friend asked how I was (I haven't talked to this friend in a long time because of my ex's jealousy), he has left me many times because of his jealousy even though I would never and have never cheated. He hasn't came back this time, although he did text me the other day acting like he was sorry for hurting me and even said he loved me and missed me but I knew it was just to hurt me more which was exactly what he planned on doing. I don't know how to get over him. I can't stop crying and thinking about him, I can't eat or sleep or do anything, I'm completely miserable while he's all happy.

Someone help me out please, I can't take it anymore..

50

Most Helpful Girl

• The only way to get over someone is to burn your bridges by cutting all means of contact. People tend to feed their memories by keeping things of sentimental value. That just feeds the pain , it prolongs your hurt. So remove all traces of him from your life. Get rid of messages, gifts , photos etc. Gradually your memories will fade and the pain will ease.

Time doesn't help you get over someone , it's what you do with your time that helps you to move on from them. That's why it's important to keep active. Workout , try something new,. Create new memories at the places you once shared together.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Time heals everything. It sucks but you just have to endure it and stay strong--don't talk to the dude anymore. Sounds like a jealous prick that you shouldn't keep wasting your time on.

• May I ask why u want to be with someone like that?
    What is it you located be so much about him?
    Why is he the one for you?
    What makes him better than finding someone else?
    What is it you are crying over, missing, craving, sad about?

• I know how it feels after a bad break up, you just have to avoid him, go out with your friends and try to talk to them as much as they can. Time will help you, believe me

• I know this feeling all too well... just gotta get through this phase of the break up... just don't entertain him at all