2 months after I broke up with my boyfriend and I feel so much regret. What should I do?

A few months back I broke up with my boyfriend because I was going through a tough time and I was being irritated by everything he did, partially due to my mental state I think. Anyway, I've been seeing him around recently (not talking but we have texted and he forgave me and said he understood why I broke up with him) sometimes with this girl that he used to casually make out with before we started dating. Every time I see him I just get crushed by regret and longing for when we were together. But once he's out of sight and I've had a minute or two I remember how angry I was at the end of our relationship and think I made the right decision. It's been tearing me up and I don't know what to do.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Meh, loneliness will do that to you. thats why most people go no contact with their exes. Frickin sucks after.
    now from the guy point of view, you broke up with me because you couldn't handle your own feelings? hehe... hell, i think you did him a favor and if i were him, i would NOT come back even if you begged me. Seems like he feels the same way... moved on quick lol.

• It probably seems that way (not being able to handle my own feelings) but I actually have mysophonia which means I have problems with certain sounds. It's sort of a thing where my brain has trouble processing so I get stuck on that sound and overwhelmed so I get really frustrated. Anyway he would repeatedly make these sounds that I hated even after I'd tell him multiple times to please stop (and by multiple times I mean a couple times a day for a few months) so I had a valid reason to be angry with him. but I get your point. I'm probably just lonely especially with it being the time of year it is.

• Yea, vals day will do that to people, did that to a lot of people here on GaG. I personally hate vals day so im impervious to its effect. matter of fact, i like the fact that i dont have to spend money (and time) on some moron that would probably get mad at me at any given time. being alone is a win. Sadly, i celebrated this year, but to stick to my principles, i did it on Sunday dammit 😒.

Im interested in these sounds you speak of, like what is it that only happens twice a day, coughing? sneezing? im so curious.

Most Helpful Girl

• You miss being w/someone, not necessarily him. From his perspective to have someone you love break it off that way hurts. Leave him be because obviously you never loved him as much as he loved you, if you get back together again, it will end up the same way.

What Guys Said 2

• Think about that next time he's already banging someone else to repair his shattered ego.

• go back to him

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!