How to break up with an unstable and extremely attached girl?

So I need to get out of a relationship. I fell in love with her because she was nice, compassionate, and understanding. Its been two months and now I am here wondering where she went. She gets mad at me at the drop of a hat and will stay mad for hours. When I try to talk to her she only gets more mad and when I don't she threatens to cheat on me because i'm not giving her enough attention. She yells at me, calls me fat when i go to the gym 6 times a week, and generally abuses me. I've learned a lot about her past in these two months and I know why she is like the way she is (sexual and physical abuse by her brother and father) and when i try to get her to get help she lashes out at me. I want to leave her but every time we are face to face she talks about how terrible her day has been and how im her only light and how i save her, and i just can't bring myself to abandon her when she needs help. When we text she talks about how she never wants me to leave and how she wants me to stay forever, I can't tell her over text that that is not possible and when we are face to face she is either too pitiable to break up with or she does something nice for a change and i can't just break up with her then. I can't continue in this but i can never find a time where it is proper for me to do it. I can't bear to hurt her more than she all ready is but she is dragging me down with her. I would help her get therapy but i cannot continue like this. How to i get out without damaging her more than she all ready is. Its obvious she doesn't want to break up and i think she is catching on to my intentions.

14

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow I'm in the exact same situation but the other way round. I've been with my boyfriends for 9 months. After about 4 he told me he suffered with depression and he is majorly insecure from being cheated on in the past. I've tried to say things to him and admit to him that I'm not treating him right, he deserves better and I can't give him all my attention. But he says the same "you're the only girl I ever seen a future with", "I can't imagine my life without you", "we can work through it". I then you're lying at home in bed knowing what you have to do... but still can't do it, it's horrible :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and just be honest. You are not responsible for how she acts when you do. That is on her. Be nice and tell her the truth. Then you leave. That is much better than texting or emailing her. Do not let her get you into an argument or talk you into staying. She may say she'll quit, but that is who she is. Remember, you are doing the right thing. If she keeps trying to talk you out of it or tries to argue, tell her you wanted to tell her in person and now that you have you told her, you are leaving. Block her on any social media sites you use. Block her on your phone. She may get pissed, but, again, you are not responsible for that. Block her on email as well. She'll get over it. Remember, you are not being mean. You are handling this the proper way. I hope this helps you.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 3

• i hate girls with mental issues man it kills my brain cells. id rather live life alone than having to face that.

• There is no easy way to leave her, you just got to do it now!

• Get rid of her before you regret it.