How can you forget someone you dated for 4 years? After a month?

I was dating someone for 4 years and he seems like he moved on and tossed me aside how can he do this i mean 4 years is a lot

Most Helpful Guy

• From a relationship coaching lens, some people move on rather quickly because it is how they choose to try and forget. I wouldn't assume that he has fully moved on, especially mentally.

In some cases, people move on very quickly after a break-up because they had already moved on mentally before the break-up occurred. I just had a client that wanted to divorce her husband for 18 months before they actually separated. She was dating someone else within 30 days of the divorce but 19 months after she mentally moved on.

• Okaiie it makes sense i thought he was heartless

Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• guess he is fooling himself. i haven't forgotten anyone i was close to since child hood. haven't forgotten exes either. but avoid talking to them and pretend to have forgotten them. so i think he's trying to fool himself. dont feel bad. give it time and take it easy

• Yeah.. guys move on and go forward. I had a long-termer like that... I moved on very fast. Always look forward to the future.. never dwell in the past. Every guy has a lot of EXes. You were just one in a line of past relationships.

What Girls Said 2

• leave it to time, that's the best way

• After 4 years, he wouldn't be human if he didn't miss or think about you from time to time