How do you move on from someone?

1511

Most Helpful Guy

• From a relationship coaching lens, there are three things you MUST do in order to love on from someone.

1) Take time to reflect on the relationship and remember who you are, who you really are.

2) Give yourself some healthy outlets such as hobbies, time with friends, etc.

3) Rediscover your confidence.

Most Helpful Girl

• The only way to move on is to let go first

Cut all means of contact and remove all traces of him from your life. People tend to keep their pain raw by holding onto things of sentimental value. Photos, gifts, message etc. This just prolongs the hurt. Reminiscing feeds the memories and the memories feed the pain. It prevents you from letting go and moving on.

Time doesn't heal the pain... it's what you do with your time that heals it. That's why it's important to keep active and your mind focused on things other than him. Try something new.. a new hobby. Spend time with friends. Anything that will keep you preoccupied.

Gradually the memories will fade and the pain will ease , only if you work on letting go first ❤

What Guys Said 10

• Young lady... It not that easy. Yes, it hurts. Please don't obsess about that person since, its not healthy. Keep busy, it will take your mind off of them. Go out with friends and have a good time... Few months later, you will back to normal. Smile. If divorce, it will take a year or so.

• Stop answering their texts, phone calls and stop hanging out with them. take a little time off from dating and then get back in the mix.

• focus on the fact y u let go...
    think about your career...
    your academics, if u r a student.
    do something u really love, like music sports or even arts...
    if u know how to drive, DRIVE, it's one of the best antidepresant...
    spend time wid family and frnz...
    BOOZE AND PARTY HARD ONCE IN A WHILE...
    meet new people, make new frnz...
    if u r spiritually inclined, spend sometime with your soul... MEDITATE.

• sort out your left over emotions for them, usually if you still have feelings for them you'd want to distance yourself in any way you can. it usually depends on how things ended. in this case time does heal, I wish you luck

• you meet someone new

• But what if meeting someone new reminds you more of the person you want to move on from?

• start a new hobby along with meeting someone new
      keep yourself distracted

• I don't know I just move on. Then again I'm special, I lack the emotional attachment most people posses.

• You acknowledge they had good things, but also bad things.

• Fuck somebody in a hurry... It will help erase the memory one way of the other.

• try therapy

• Time. Only time heals.

What Girls Said 14

• Forget about them.

If i were to move on from someone, id ignore them completely. Id find new things to distract myself with, like travel, go to the beach with friends, watch a horror movie, have a slumber party, decorate a cake, play sports. I would not think of him at all. Id stop thinking about what I've lost from that someone, and start thinking about the upsides of forgetting that someone.
    "When one door closes, another one opens"
    "Sometimes the wrong choices bring us to the right places"
    "One bad chapter doesn't mean your story is over"
    "A soft road without downs is just a boring journey"
    "One bad experience is just another great story to tell your grandchildren"

The way i moved on with my old crush, i stopped thinking about them and found another boy to distract myself with. Temporarily. there's nothing you can really do to move on from someone. Just stop seeing them and trust me, you'll forget about them.

• No contact, remove everything from your life that reminds you of them, spend time with your family and friends and when you're ready, you meet someone new.

• You push them away, out of sight, out of mind. If that means you need to stop talking to them all together then you have to do that. No use in torturing yourself.

• Focus on you and you only. Go watch a funny movie with your friends or spend time with your family. Read more books, start a new hobby. In all honesty it's hard to get over someone quick. When I broke up with my first love after 2 years, I was so sad and missing him for about 6 months. Then I just didn't have feelings for him anymore. At first I tortured myself with sad songs and sad movies and romance movies. It's okay to be sad let it all out, cry all you need to. Then I tried reading because I love books. I spent more time with my family, going out with them and just being around them more. I'm also a Christian so I got really into the Bible and going to church more. Honestly I'm so great now.

• First of all you recovering from that kind of stuff may take time but that mostly depends on you. If you don't obsess that person and try to have some bff times with your girls than it is gonna be easy for you. Do things that makes you happy and don't think about that person don't even look at photos of you two being "happy". You can be happy by yourself and your friends so don't feel depressed and keep that love to yourself 😊😊😊

• You give up hope that anything is going to happen between you and them. If you give up hope then it'll be easier to move on.

• Usually by time, it just happens.

• Avoid everything to do with that person. Fill your body and mind with other activities so there's no room in your mind or time in your day to think about them.

• its difficult not to think of them and its like you are running away so if you ever think if them remember the reason you want to move on from them then slowly it will be easy and do what you alway do

• there's no formula for this... it simply takes time.

• Try to go on dates with other people...

• What if you can't move on and still want to be with ur ex

• find another guys

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more