What exactly the reason you think he broke up with me? was my joke really wrong?

I've dated this guy for four months, I met him in July, we met a couple time after. In August we talked and decided to go in a committed relationship. I did not like him at first, but the way he thinks and he loves me, I fell for him. when I first met him he was in a rush to get married, I wasn't ready, I told him I need 5 years before I make any big decision. he used to live in a different state then he moved in my state for a new Job and because I am down here. His parents are some Christian protestant people, they advised him to never go in a relationship with a women that has a kid. his mother had a child before married his father. I didn't get my daughter out of red luck, my daughter's father is involved and paying child support for her care. any way, he said each time he talked to his family he imagined us not together, before he used to say, I am matured I can talk to my family, they will have to accept and respect his choice. so! since then I felt some disconnection before I didn't feel like spending 5 years with someone waiting for hi parents to break the relationship, while I could find someone else. But he made me love him, I couldn't choose.
anyway, I was supposed to do an assignment, to lie to someone make them believe in it, then record their reaction and behaviors, after that tell them the truth. I told him I cheated on him with his best friend and my best friend too. he started to believe, I told him its a lie, I show him the descriptions of the assignment,. he still got mad and left, I sent him textes and apologized, I promised him I would never cheat on him before, which I would never do that. the next morning he sent a text to me saying "to never contact him again, and have a great life." "I told him, you as well."
it hurts because I loved him, I didn't want go in a relationship, he forced me now here's the result.
I showed him the truth!. or is it just is it just an excuse of him to break up, for his parents reasons or he find someone else?

28

Most Helpful Guy

• That is not something you do to someone you love. That kind of "assignment" should have been done with someone whose deep trust in you would not have been so brutally hurt. You got what you deserved. Hopefully you have learned a lesson.

Most Helpful Girl

• "out of red luck"
    RED LUCK?

but i digress. your "joke" was not funny and you probably knew that going into it; all you can do at this point is cut your losses and move on.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 7

• You don't play with the feelings and lie with someone you love and are in a relationship. Thats why it hurts him.

• Who the fuck does that? Just the shock if he really loves you would be enough. What a sick mind game to play at him.

• I know I was wrong, he didn't trust me or his friend, then? I told him about the truth of the joke and his friend that I involved to talk to him. The friends would tell him that I was faithful to him.

• Alright, that was stupid of me. but I'll move one!

• Also never lie to a friend about her Husband or boyfriend hitting on you. Never joke your father about being pregnant,. prostitute or porn Industry.
      Same thing with your mother.
      by the way, you could try to fix things with him if you want.

• I think it's both. That his parents were pressuring him and that the joke was bad.
    Mostly because of the parents.
    I once pranked my ex-girlfriend that I cheated on her. She got mad af. Turned out it just was a sex doll😂

• This is not the year of 1937 when anyone meet and got married in 4 months like our grandparents did.

You have confessed that you have cheated on him... I think that you wasn't interested in him and let him to dump you out of sight. Its a brutal way.

• Sorta, it was a mix feeling, spending 5 years with someone, that do not have the balls to ask his parents to respect his choice. so after that 5 years his parents would ask to break up with me. when his mother had the same things happened to him. wouldn't that be a waste of time. I would chose my kid over any man.

• no offense, but that was a really stupid thing to do

• u already know his parents dont like u
    but u stupidly gave him a reason to doubt u
    if the rules were reversed your bff would tell u he is a jerk...
    u fucked up your own relationship beyond repair

• I have not met his parents yet, these were advised to him to never like a woman that has a child.

• I would be mad but I will ask him the reason why he cheated. but he shown me it was an experience about peoples behavior when facing bad news. I wouldn't left him for that if he showed me that it was an experience.

• everyone is different

• He used it as an excuse it seems like but it's never a good joke when it comes to cheating

What Girls Said 1

• That... wasn't a very good decision. 😐

That kind of joke really isn't funny. And what kind of assignment was that? Whoever gave it should have their head examined for telling people to do unethical things.