Why does my ex boyfriend still wear the clothes I got him? Read details?

We ended on bad terms, he didn't really treat me right so we mutually broke up and then he just kinda cut me off. but I loved him a lot and I still do. I've been worrying a lot and i feel like he's going to forget about me because he has me blocked on everything so my name and pictures and nothing will never come up unless he thinks of me himself. He posts pictures and I see him around sometimes (we live in the same town) wearing clothes I bought him. He's been wearing the sweater and hat I bought him this past Christmas a lot, is it possible that he thinks of me when he wears it? Could he just forget that I got it for him or not think of me when he wears it even if it does remember I got it for him? I'm overthinking is much but I just want him to think of me and what he lost because he had it so good and just used and abused the relationship. I'm trying to put it all to rest but I'm hung up on him forgetting me. I know it's dumb but I've forgotten about exes of mine but we were together for a year and practically lived together and we had some good times. please don't be mean if your answer is going to be negative, I'm just trying to move on.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• He sounds like a horrible person, so the hard truth is he doesn't care or remember that it's from you or if he does, wears it to hurt you...

Heartbreak is horrible, you have to block him, stop stalking him, stop over thinking and really try to pick yourself up again.

He is a bad person, you need to focus on yourself and there are so many better guys out there... but Don't even focus on that right now... Try to do things you like, hobbies, classes

Most Helpful Girl

• He probably just really likes it, i don't see why someone should waste good clothes just because an ex got it for them. I don't think he thinks too much about it to be honest, i'm sure it comes across his mind like "oh ya _____ got it for me" but I don't think he's reminiscing.

What Guys Said 2

• Clothes are just clothes... There is no sentimentality attached. Not like they are a living breathing organism that he has to take care of.

• It's just clothes, I still have or use stuff my ex got me, nothing wrong with it so I'm not going to throw it out, I think you're over thinking it

What Girls Said 1

• Because he likes it and finds it useful...

Guys are less sentimental than women sometimes. He probably forgot it was you who gave it to him