How do I ever forgive someone who broke my heart?

I'm so angry at him

25

Most Helpful Guy

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.

• Its fine, I'm just asking if anyone has any ideas. Sometimes its hard to see clearly when you're so angry at someone, I want to move on too thats why I feel that I need to forgive him first.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just take time away for yourself. I was so angry at my ex for doing the same to me. I stayed away from him and focused on myself, my family and friends and after a while I was able to forgive.

• Forgive but never forget. May the past serve as guide to keep your heart protected :)

• I am still so angry at him, its a broken trust and I just want to see him suffer. I know I can't move on until I can forgive thus what I'm trying to do.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 4

• It's really tough. Basically to truly forgive someone you have to accept what they did as something that is part of them from now on. If they lied you have to accept that they may lie, if they cheated, they may cheat. You can't be unable to accept that and truly forgive them.

• Yes I feel that I need to forgive to truly move on. So to do that I need to try to understand his motives and reasoning

• You may never understand why, you just have to be accepting that they did. Basically you have to say you hurt me and I would rather accept that than lose you. Because typically someone's actions aren't out of character for them, so being realistic you have to consider it'll probably happen again. That's not always the case, but when you're playing odds...

• Yes its really hard to understand someone's motivation. So I'll just have to move on I suppose..

• Before your anger hits the person it is targeted at it first has to go through yourself. You are mainly just hurting yourself with it. Its easier to forgive someone when there is peace within yourself

• Yes I am hurting right now and need to find peace. He's just pretending that nothing happened

• just move on and be the best person you can be look to the future can't change your past but you can move past it

• Thats what I'm trying to but its easier said than done isn't it

• It's not the rain, but the lack of umbrella.

What Girls Said 1

• age "36-45"? I feel like you should already know how to handle that.

• Thanks not if you married your first love!