Would you date an ex after 8-10 years have passed?

If so why or why not?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.
    It is just one more ex in a long line of exes you will have in your life.

Most Helpful Girl

• If they've changed and fixed the reason it didn't work out first

What Guys Said 3

• No because it wasn't my fault the break up

• At that time you may have become different people, especially if the gap was early in life. Has anything that was a deal breaker before changed? Change of religious views? Wanting kids vs not wanting? Etc.

Was the reason for the breakup internal or external? In other words was the breakup caused by something else other than your ability to make each other happy?

I wouldn't rule out dating an ex unless it was abusive, toxic, or something like that.

• Remember the reason they're called ex's. Whether he or she was the cause I always give someone a 2nd chance. Some can improve but change, Naw.

What Girls Said 1

• depends