I don't know how to move on from this?

Long story short, I'm 19 and the guy who took my senior pictures is 31. We were really good friends, and started working together at a restaurant this past fall. Basically, we had a thing, people at work found out after he grabbed my butt in the middle of the dining room, spread stuff throughout the whole restaurant, management found out and told him that he had to end things with me if he was gonna take the promotion they offered him. He thinks I told everyone that we were together and about what we were doing, and after a lot of really bad fights, he told me we would take a break while we both worked there and that we'd talk about what happened when the timing was better. I quit after all the problems they put me through working there, what they told me was not the same thing they told him, and he never bothered to contact me after until I messaged him three weeks after he told me we'd talk. I tried so hard, explained everything to him and took the blame for everything. I told him I still feel the same way we did and would rather have something, rather than nothing, even if it doesn't turn in to anything. He basically told me he's over it and doesn't care bc of what he's heard.

He always told me we would see where things go, turned me on a lot of my guy friends, lied to me about a lot of things, and had no respect for me or my feelings in the end. Next thing I know, everyone was telling me that he's dating a girl with the same name as me and that she looks an awful lot like me. He spent almost three months on me and I couldn't get him to think about committing to anything. I don't understand why he couldn't just reason and listen to me in the end. This girl was a big slap in the face and I feel as though she's a better, more experienced version of me..

Megan (Me):
I don't know how to move on from this?

Meaghan (Her):

I just don't understand what I did so wrong. Everything was fine til he refused to give me any benefit of the doubt. He's been bragging that he has a girlfriend, & one of the girls I asked about it told me she has nothing to say to me bc she's good friends with him & is sorry that my feelings are hurt, but his happiness is all the matters. She told him & said it'd be best if he lost all contact w/ me online & he blocked me. She doesn't know anything that happened & it wasn't her place to do so
To add, he used to be an alcoholic (still is one, if you ask me), and was very addicted to sex and porn.

But it just keeps hitting me that he moved on. I didn't understand why he got to treat me like he did and she got all the good parts of him, with no repercussions. And he doesn't even care. I tried to be the best I could be to him and he honestly brought out the best in me for a long time. I don't understand how he just turned on me like he did. And I have to work w him.

17

Most Helpful Guy

• He was and remains an asshole.
    When he was so indiscrete as to grab your arse in front of the customers, he showed that he was also an idiot.
    Then, he chose money over you.
    A girl who looks as good as you do can do better.
    Move on.

Most Helpful Girl

• My dear, she didn't only get the 'good parts of him' she also got the ex-sex addict, ex-alcoholic, liar (he lied to you what makes you think he won't lie to her?), and douche. Honestly I feel bad for his girlfriend, she probably doesn't realize the negative parts of his personality. Keep the best of you that he brought out, and move on. Happiness is the best revenge. Also, he doesn't get to treat you the way he did, you let him turn you on your guy friends, and you wanted to get back together with him despite how badly he treated you, you took the blame for everything even though it was his fault, not your's. If you let a guy treat you poorly, douches will treat you poorly. This man did not respect you because you did not respect yourself. No one with self respect would have wanted to get back with him after what happened, and not only get back together with him but also take all of the blame for something that wasn't her fault? Leave him, move on, use the time when you're single to love yourself and gain confidence.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 6

• The way you explain things.. I guess you're better of without him. Get a new guy. You're way too good for his taste.

And to me the first three pictures are way more beautiful than the at three. You're really pretty 😊

• Your how old and you know he's a sex addicted alcoholic. Which sounds like myself honestly. So why the Fuck would you assume you are special and he did nothing but lie to Fuck you? I'm 30 and see you and think child.

• He likes those young girls, but apparently not for settling down. He seems pretty immature to me

• sounds like a pos. you deserve way better than that

• so basically find someone better. It wouldn't be that hard. find someone who's kind and cares

• hey don't worry get a new guy I think you looks great and way more better & attractive then her

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!