When is it time to give up in a marriage?

818

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, that's tough to say. There can be a few reasons, Some of them are :

1. The best time to consider ending a marriage is when your partner has cheated on you.

2. Second best reason would be if your partner has resorted to playing mind games like always trying to make your jealous using the opposite gender, and if your partner does this most of the times, it's an indication that the relationship is not ideal, and that it lacks maturity so that would be another reason to end marriage.

3. When your partner is falling out of love with you and that you believe that you are slowly getting trapped in a loveless marriage.

4. If you have a doubt and if it's confirmed that your partner has fallen in love with someone else, despite being married to you then that would be the best reasons to end marriage.

Of course points #1 and #4 are connected and can go hand in hand if you know what I mean.

That's what I can say.

Most Helpful Girl

• When there's nothing left worth fighting for. Or if only one of you is making the effort to make it work... you can't fight alone

Obviously if there's any form of abuse or betrayal involved... those should be a " given"

What Guys Said 17

• From a relationship coaches perspective, a few thoughts:

1) Cheating and abuse are absolute reasons to end a marriage
    2) When you are spending a lot more time wondering why you're still married and a lot less time enjoying the marriage AND you and your spouse have spent more than 24 months trying to work things out.
    3) When you can genuinely say, with clear conscious and without anger, that you no longer love your spouse, or they, you AND you/they have felt this way for a long time.

• I read some of the comments and your replies, do you have a relative who can put you up for awhile and explain the situation to them? It seems he needs a reality check. That you are not for granted now that you are married. Most people won't do anything to change until their backs are to the wall.

• How long did you date before getting married? Was the financial part ok before?

• 2.5 years and everything was just fine. He was making way more than I was, and my job paid for our rent, but now I'm left alone balancing our budget, off of just my small pay check and he won't help.

• Well, marriages are commitment and you need to work on them, BUT, there is a difference between supporting someone who is going through a rough patch, and someone leaching and mooching off a spouse for a free ride. I think it is time for some tough love. Put your foot down and give him an ultimatum. Tell him he needs to start making some money! No more sex, cut him off from your banking so he has no money to spend. Cut the internet off for him if you have to. Password protect all your stuff. If he isn't paying, he isn't playing either! Make dinner for yourself only, leave him to himself if he won't help. Do your own laundry and so on. If he still doesn't get off his ass then you need think about separating and maybe moving in with a relative on your own for a while so he can smarten the fuck up!

• infidelity or abuse

• What about financial abuse?

• you've had a convo with him? he given any explanation?

• If there's no explanation, he's not helping with other things like clothes, entertainment, education, savings, furniture etc then, don't pay for anything except the rent and food, pay for your things your half and what ever your child needs, food, clothes, a day out. If you pay water then take baths at parents house for temporary but save water bill money, wash clothes in cold water. If he can afford to help pay his half n help the family pay bills then, show him the hard way, treat him like a child if he wants to be a child, take cable tv n Internet away, rent DVDs. It will be ok. Show him you can't do it all yourself.

• for me when she cheats or betray me.
    no other reasons.
    fight arguments those happen in a relationship. but those two thing mean relationship ends. never think to comeback.

i really do not want a person who play with my feeling emotions trust.

• when your partner has cheated on you.

• When your spouse cheats.

• W͟͟h͟͟e͟͟n͟͟ v͟͟o͟͟w͟͟s͟͟ a͟͟r͟͟e͟͟ b͟͟r͟͟o͟͟k͟͟e͟͟n͟͟

• Marriage is overrated. Hope you learned you lesson, this goes to other ladies too that force marriage on guys?

• tomorrow

• do you have a boyfriend?

• never

• when you start trying hard to save it?

• Before you even enter one.

• When your partner starts masturbating 😂

• 6.30ish is good, just in time for dinner.

• When there is cheating or abuse involved. Everything else can be worked out.

• What about financial abuse?

• Ah... ok... Yeah... He needs to get it together... obviously he's being irresponsible... If he hasn't got it together by now, it's time you made a change.

• I'm just really tired and don't know what to do at this point.

What Girls Said 7

• When you feel like the issues cannot be resolved. For you've been trying and trying but they're not interested in returning the effort.

• Before it even starts.

• abuse, cheating, or you've tried numerous couples therapists and nothing is working

• when you can't even connect on an emotional level. You're just fucked right there and then.

• When both people don't feel the same as they did before. When you don't get that feeling when you look at them that says: this is all I will ever need

• When you realize you can do it alone and will be happier doing so.

• Immediately, at every opportunity.