Very long 6 years cut short to understand what happened. He broke the engagement off, A failed 6 year relationship. Advice/outside look. Help?

It has been a month now and still I ask why did you do it, the answer is always I was tired of the fighting. It couldnt be just that could it?
The past is ugly and heavy, he brought a lot of it to the table that I only found out 3 years in- texting girls- sex texting-ignoring me for them.
Watching porn-not satisfying me but taking his fixes from me. In work- women staff messaging him- telling me he was with family but I soon found it was because he was blowing me off for other people to text.
After this things seemed to be going good and then it was I'm sick of this all the fighting, the past but he says it was his fault, we still talk like we are still together but if he burned his finger I'd text saying ill kiss it better and he'd reply with stop... But yet he can say he loves me. There is a lot of detail missing it is just to long. I've asked was there other person and he said no, I've said would you give it another shot he won't answer or he'd ring or text or see me and be upset, all I say is its your fault. I'm confused. I said I didn't want to be friends because it just wouldn't work that way.

02

What Guys Said 2

• Well, I can say that I was In a relationship for 3 years, It was my fault that she left me. I wasn't talking to other girls, in fact quite the opposite. Whenever I talked to her she would often compare me to people and ask me to talk to people I never met. I'm an introvert and whenever she did that I felt inferior and uncomfortable. Eventually I just got irritated and everytime she would start comparing me to someone I would stop listening, which upset her. She then always complained about her parents and I tried to help her, but whenever I talked about something bad on my side she said I don't need your negativity too. Eventually she got tired of all of it and left, and it destroyed me. I just wish I could have done more. In my opinion this guy doesn't seem loyal nor worth it. You could do better.

• Sorry to hear about your relationship.
      Compared to people? I'd say that would make even the most confident person uncomfortable.
      It seems she didn't take consideration on board for your feelings if you were having problems.
      I suppose we can only do as best as we can for so long we can't do more if we think we are doing enough for someone already. Thank you for the reply and again sorry about your relationship.

• Dealing with Exes:
    Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more. An EX is just one in a long line of potential exes. People typically have many relationships in their lives.

What Girls Said 0