How long does it take for a guy to be over a girl?

my ex got over me in like 2 or 3 days is it supposed to be that short of time or longer?

Most Helpful Guy

• A few things from a relationship coaches perspective.

Getting over someone and moving on are most often two different things. In other words, do you know that he got over you really, or do you assume he did because he was with someone else quickly? People very often move on quickly because they hate being alone.

Men do move on quicker than women because they are logical livers moreso than women. In this, it simply doesn't make sense to them intellectually to hang on (emotionally) to some lone they're not going to be with again.

Of course, buried in my last comment is one more reason. They may move on quicker because they see little to no chance of reconciliation.

Most Helpful Girl

• I had some guy get over me in a fucking day, and here I am, three months later still trying to get over him.

What Guys Said 18

• It depends on the relationship.
    It took 11 months for me my last time.
    In mt experience guys that really care about their gal need at least 3-4 months.

• You can't possibly know that. You can't read his brain, feel his emotions etc. It just sounds like you're pissed off at him cause he's moving on with his life and perhaps found someone new. Doesn't mean he's not still hurting inside though.

• if the guy gets over you within those days, he was just obviously trying to get in your pants

• Really?

Come on. Even the woman you'll seriously love you want to fuck more or less at first sight. It's the male brain.

• the guy broke up with him in a few days, you can tell the guy was in a lust mode, best case thinking it was love, any guy who gets over you within a few days was only thinking of getting into a girls pants. both you and i know that. The guy would at least be sad for a week if he truly loved her.

• Depends on how much time and money I wasted on her. These days about 5 mins. Last actual relationship maybe a few months (3 years and tens of thousands of $ wasted).

• Never.

How else do you think players are made?

• I was over my ex when I was on my way to break up with her.

• it always depends in many facts.
    - how long have you been together?
    -how deep (intimate) was the realtionsship
    -die he loved you?
    - habe you had good sex

• That depends on how much emotional investment put into the relationship. I don't invest at all, so it would be pretty instantaneous in my case if I ever decided to pursue a relationship and it broke down.

• Depends on how much I invested into her in terms of trust, love, mutual adaptation and time together that had an impact on our social and family circles.
    If it was a one day affair, probably she off my mind instantly. If I loved her and enjoyed her companionship over a long time, probably never could I get over her.

• He either was already losing interest while you were in a relationship or I doubt he got over you that quickly.

• He was already over you girl long before he broke up with you.

• thats short, can take very long. Depends if we love the girl. Can be months, year, more...

• He wasn't into you so it's normal.

• depends on how attached i am to the girl and it usually takes longer if its your first.

• It depends on a lot of factors but, I would say that likely no, its not normal.

• Yeah, that's about right... takes us no time at all.

• Everyone is different.

My ex was dating a new guy in 4 days.

It took me over a year to get over her.

• Shit if i loved em?
    2 years before the memory stops hurting and then the memory nvr goes away.

But a day or so after the fact ill climb outta the bottle, get in the gym real hardcore, redirect my efforts towards new life goals.
    Bang a fresh one and be right as rain really.
    When i see a car like my exs ill smirk and reminisce.

What Girls Said 1

• it takes years