Why does my ex having a new girlfriend bother me?

He took my virginity and seriously hurt me in the relationship. I don't like him anymore, I used to love him so much and cry over him every day. Today I found out he's got a new girlfriend.
I mean I've got a new boyfriend, and he's really nice and treats me better than my ex did. I just don't understand why I keep having this niggling feeling, because he's got a new girlfriend? And I kinda keep thinking, why did he say he wasn't ready for a relationship with me, yet he's with her… he obviously just didn't like me. I hate him. I like my new guy a lot.
So why?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• Your ex took your virginity and for him to do that you must have had strong feelings for him. You probably wanted an longer relationship but the fact that it was short and you feel that he lied to you is what's bothering you.

You have unanswered questions to why he wants a relationship with this new girl yet he said he doesn't want one with you. You probably feel betrayed by him.

Just count yourself lucky you are not with someone who does not respect you. Your ex is not worth wasting your time and thoughts over. Move on and be happy with your new boyfriend. The past is the past regardless of how he mistreated you.

Just wish your ex all the best in his new relationship and you need to stop searching for answers to why questions.

Most Helpful Girl

• Its normal to have these feelings but i can't explain why myself... i guess everyone always has those feelings for ex's they really liked / loved.

What Guys Said 4

• My friend, from a relationship coaches perspective, you just answered your own question.

It bothers you because he said he wasn't ready for a new relationship and now he's in one so you are taking it very personal. Yours is a very common relationship--it truly is. You feel rejected because you took his word for it when he said (indirectly) "it's not you, it's me" and now you feel like it was you.

• Selfishness*. You want him to suffer. You want to believe you're superior to him. But he's succeeding, and he's in an equal relationship status, so there's nothing to prove. But you are separated now; just focus on your current love and you'll feel better.

*It's good to be selfish, usually. In a situation like this, it's natural, if not healthy, to briefly feel this way.

• He felt same in the beginning like you are feeling right now.

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more. ..

What Girls Said 2

• i think it's just faint jealousy... i've gone through this. you get over it trust me you realize he isn't important. just make your boyfriend your #1 priority and FORGET HIM. intimacy with your current boyfriend usually helps ahaha

• It's good you hate him 😊