I became friends with the other woman, how do I get out of it?

My boyfriend of 7 years cheated on me. It was 2 months long. The girl found my email and messaged me and we met up. We actually became fast friends in the process of me being angry with him. He has since apologized, gone to therapy and he wants me to cut the friendship off. She hasn't particularly latched onto me as she did in the beginning (going out all the time, phone calls etc). He says us being around each other gives him a "bad feeling". Also she doesn't know we are back together. She and I had plans for a girls night this weekend. He wants to take me away for the weekend. I'm loyal to him, but I think this might tip her off. What do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Be honest. Don't break up your friendship. He feels weird because he feels guilty. Guilty is fine. Let him learn it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I get how its weird however I wonder why he's insisting you not to be friends with her any longer, is he afraid you'd find out something that he told her etc? I think you should be honest with both of them, tell her that you're in a relationship with him again and if that makes her feel weird then perhaps your friendship had run its course, if she stays then okay tell him that you don't see the issue with being friends with her as she is a good one (if she is) you'll keep her at distance but he can't forbid you from hanging with her as he was ultimately in the wrong.

What Guys Said 2

• You do what feels right? If you want to maintain the friendship, then say to your friend that you'll reschedule. if you want to completely end the friendship, just say so

• Get rid of them both and find real friends

What Girls Said 1

• why don't you be honest and tell her you don't want to be friends with her because she dated your boyfriend while he was yours

• He is upset because she was/is a teacher at his college and did most of his work for him- he's afraid she will get his scholarships and positions taken away and she is afraid he will tell on her for pursuing him. I'm stuck in the middle and I am really freaked out about how to get out of it

• if the school administration finds out she dated him and did most of his work for him while in a sexual relationship with a student she will probably be fired.

• other that you need to pretend to be her friend till he graduates. i would dump this guy so fast his head would spin.