What's the best way to get over someone?

How to get over someone you love and can't stop thinking about them?

33

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• The only way to get over someone is to remove all traces of them from your life I. e pictures, messages , gifts , anything of sentimental value. People tend to reminisce and that just feeds your memories, and memories feed your pain.

Time doesn't heal the pain, it's what you do with your time that heals it , that's why it's important to keep active and your mind busy, so you don't constantly focus on the person you long for.

Also, cut all means of contact , and eventually your memories will fade , and your pain will ease.

What Guys Said 2

• you are just a prisoner of your mind.

• Ignore them do t think about them like someone else and do stuff you love to do

What Girls Said 2

• What has helped me, (it has in no way erased him from my mind, but it has helped) has been to delete any social media that gives me access to him. Maybe not permanently, but to give yourself a break from the temptation of checking in on him. I removed the Facebook app from my phone so he isn't one click away, and though he's still on my mind, it prevents me from seeing his posts and reading too much into them. I'm not sure if that'll help in your situation, but it put my mind at ease a little.

• I have deactivated all my social media and I just can't seem to take him out of my head.. it's been hurting so much. It's been 2 months since the break up we have been in strict no contact and I am still in pain and crying every single day and night

• Another thing I did was making friends with other guys, or talking to other guys about it. Men give a different perspective of things and it may be good to hear things from people other than female friends. That actually led to me getting closer to a friend of mine and starting something with him. It doesn't stop the thoughts from coming, but it does occupy time and mind space. Don't go looking for someone to fill the void, just try to make friends that'll keep you busy.

• I did that with plenty guys and girls still my pain is there now I just secluded myself completely. I wanna runaway somewhere go somewhere or something. Do I expect my ex to return to me ever? I have never begged him when he broke up with me he told me to respect his decision and I did keep up with nc straight for 2 months now I am about to give up and reach out to him... I'm really hurt deeply

• Keep yourself busy, even start dating again tbh... if you're ready. Go out with friends, enjoy single life etc