I still love my ex and can't move on. Advice?

Im a military guy that broke up with my ex in a pretty bad way. My ex moved on with someone new, and it seems like she's happy. I want to be happy for her. But I really miss her. I love her even though I lied and said I didn't. I didn't think it would work out, and I think I scared her by telling her a lot of stuff about when I was overseas.

It's been about nineteen months. I dated another girl, but we broke up because I didn't feel as strongly about her as i do about my ex. How do I get over her and move on with my life? I feel fucking pathetic for mooning after a girl that I cut things off with. Especially when that girl's with some other guy.

21

What Girls Said 2

• Do you ever talk to her?

• She tries to stay friends I think, but we get in fights. Then she won't talk to me for a long time.

• I used to really like it, but I'm getting tired of it honestly, and i can't move up.

Im just scared of losing her. But I'm not going to be happy just as friends. I like that she's happy. Just wish she was happy and with me.

• I think you should tell her. As long as you can handle possible disappointment. Put it all out there, let her know she's worth more to you than being in the military and you want a life with her. Maybe, you're still the one she really wants to be with and it'll work out. Maybe, it's not meant to be. You'll never know of you don't tell her.

• Why did you break up?

• I was stressed about school and was dealing with PTSD and other shit. She said she wanted to stick it out but i didn't she'd wanna be stuck with someone with so many issues.

• I think the best thing you can do is explain the situation. It doesn't sound like she's in a situation where she can be with you right now but at least she'll know the truth. Best of luck

What Guys Said 1

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.

Your ex is just one in a line of exes you will have in your life. Get used to it.

• I tried to move pn, bro. I could move on from any girl until I met her.