What if you're ashamed of your ethnicity and religion?

311

Most Helpful Guy

• If you don't like your religion, change it. It's supposed to bring you peace of mind, so if it doesn't, it's probably the wrong one for you. Your ethnicity? Find reasons to not be ashamed of it, because no ethnicity has anything to be ashamed about.

Most Helpful Girl

• The only reason you should feel ashamed of either is if your people that you identify with do bad things and you don't say anything.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 10

• You are still a bit young, but I applaud you posting this, questioning!! You are on the RIGHT TRACK!!
    YOU SHOULD question EVERYTHING!! If something doesn't seem right, question it!! If they cannot answer, like I found, in the religion I grew up with, start asking others what they believe, and their 'religions'. Go to Temple, with a Jewish Friend, or a Mosque, with a Muslem friend! Do you know any Hindus? Buddists? Taosits?
    Explore all of these!!
    For me, I found my Spiritual Home, with some of the Native American Ways.
    As you grow up, you have every right to CHOOSE what YOU WANT, and BELIEVE!! It can be hard, and maybe your parents won't understand, but it is ultimately YOUR choice, and a journey that you need to take!

• ashamed of your religion and ethnicity. but why..
    you are not ashmed of religion
    but if people..
    and the stupid things they do and follow...

...
    be an atheist or change your religion

why you ashamed of your ethnicity and religion...

• Change your religion.

• What's wrong with your ethnicity?
    Why ashamed of your religion? Does it tell you make genocides?

• I mean if you're that ashamed of your religion, you picked the wrong one. ethnicity you can't really do anything about unless you want to act like David chapelle

• No..

• what are they

• Don't be !

• Why would i
    I respect them all

• What's your ethnicity?

What Girls Said 2

• Why though

• i am not