Why do people lash out during a break up?

When my ex broke up with me he kind of lashed out and said mean things which really hurt me. Do you think he meant them or was just emotional? The next day when he met up he apologized for lashing out he didn't mean to do that he was just frustrasted. I still can't forget someone of the things he said though. It takes away from all our good times and good memories in my head.

12
Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• depends on the person, i know people the that just cry and cry, but i think the reason people do it is because they are hurt by that someone, they have revolved their lives around them and now they aren't going to be there anymore, it's like a pet, at first you may not love them as much but you are happy with what's come from it, then you grow fond of it but when it dies you now have to fill that gap that Ur pet filled

• But he was the one that broke up with me and said mean things. No cheating or anything like that just personality differences. We also had a lot to drink that night and emotions were running high. The next day he said he really didn't mean to lash out and he doesn't talk to women like that

• Which one lol

• He was holding all his true feelings in and it eventually gave way. lashed out.

What Girls Said 1

• Emotional

• Do you think he meant everything he said though

• Sorry I'm not sure what I'm reply to at the end there lol I think guys

• They like to cut us deep if they can it's no reflection on the real u! He's hurt guys are just as emotional as us! Move on and don't let his hurtful words hurt u any more!