Should I break up with my boyfriend who thinks im a cheater?

Weve only dated 2 months... i even love him. This is the 3rd time he has accused me of cheating over the stupidest reason ( im not and have not by the way ). He has been cheated on and has trust issues. This is not somone i just wanna let go but if this doesn't stop ill hsve to because its really too upsetting to deal with... he has told me he won't be talking to me tomorrow and maybe Saturday... over me being out to eat with a girlfriend and he got a paranoia it was a guy... he asked me i told him the truth it was my friend who is a girl and then the shunning began. He never believed me. my question... should i tell him i won't be punished for sonething i didn't do and say lets talk in person and tell him if he does this again that will be the end... or what? Help i really like him but this is crazyyyy..

27

Most Helpful Guy

• Yikes! All I can say is, he needs more time to calm down and get use to being with you and understand you are not cheating. I am sure in time he will see he has nothing to worry about. The thing is, where do you draw the line with how much crap you can handle until then? I understand how you feel, and there is only so much you can take. It is now a balancing act between being patient and taking it, or deciding he isn't worth it anymore.

Most Helpful Girl

• If the boy's gna shout "j'accuse!" every 2.6 seconds no matter what... Girrlllll
    You might as well go ahead and say, hey boy, I wasn't originally into it, but now that you've pounded it into my head enough... I think I might just go give it a shot!
    #getit
    If I were in yr situation, I'd totally enjoy being a bitch about it, too. ("Hey boy, I'd just *hate* if I couldn't live up to yr expectations")

Like... go ahead, find a boy (or two, or twenty), and let some of that frustration right on out.

If you're gna do the time... you may as well do the crime.
    <3

I mean -- regardless of what's happened in the past -- this kind of constant suspicion means HE is probably the one who's actually cheating. It's very, very, VERY likely.

__

I mean... Given a certain history, I could see how you MIGHT tolerate a certain lack of trust from the boy... for some period of time, anyway.
    But, there's a point where it crosses over from mere "lack of trust" to outright abusive behavior. Seems to me that line has already been crossed.

PLEASE don't let it get to the point where this becomes "'normal". If you let the boy get away with treating you like this for long enough... you might start to actually believe, on some subconscious level, that you DESERVE to be treated this way.
    Please leave this boy, before he breaks YOU down like that.

__

Last not least --
    How do you KNOW he's been cheated on? Are you just... uh, taking his word for it?

Because... uh... yeah, no. DO NOT PLACE BLIND TRUST IN WHAT THIS BOY SAYS.
    People who constantly accuse others of lying/hiding things, are always, always, **ALWAYS** liars themselves.
    Truthful people do not EVER do this -- regardless of what has happened to them. Never ever ever. If they've been badly hurt, then they may take time to open up again -- but, lashing out with accusations? Nope.

This boy is probably just making shit up, because he knows you'll buy his sob story and **let him get away with his paranoid mistreatment of YOU**.
    Also, don't forget, he's accusing YOU of the same things! If you dump him -- as you absolutely should -- he's almost certainly going to tell the next girl that YOU cheated on him, too.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 6

• If he acusing you with no proof other than him not trusting you then I would say yeah tell him to stop or your going. It understandable he has trust issues, but make it clear, you are not like those other girls. If he wants to continue to accuse you of cheating then tell be alone if you can't trust anyone, but you haven't given him one reason to not trust you.

• Give him an ultimatum. To either trust you and get therapeutic help, or watch you walk away. Oh, and tell him the story of the boy who cried wolf.

• Yes, if he continues to accuse you of cheating you definitely need to take action.

• yeah , i think people who love to accuse without any prove is no worse than a killer

• yeeee

• sure.. go ahead

What Girls Said 1

• yes, if you don't have trust you dant have anything when it comes to a relationship