If a girl is engaged and calls it off how soon after would a guy approach knowing she called it off?

Say the guy knew they were engaged then heard they weren't and she is newly single. How many months would he wait? Just curious. I assume a guy would proceed with caution.

11
Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• Never to be honest. If I am at the point where I am thinking about getting married and she breaks it off then I obviously misjudged the situation and would have felt things could never be like they were before.

• I'm not talking about the guy I'm engaged to. I'm talking about a new guy.

What Girls Said 1

• Oh, I don't know if there is a set time. He should talk to her and be a friend, and then at some point if you're both interested, it will come together.

• I'm just having a really hard time as I have a crush on this guy but I'm engaged and really considering calling it off. I don't think it's fair to him that I'm attracted to other guys but part of me wonders if I had no chance with this guy then maybe I'd be happier in my relationship. I know this sounds horrible.

• Take the new guy out of the equation for a minute. It seems like you have doubts about this engagement, and that's probably a good reason to break-up before you do anything major like move-in together or get married or pregnant.

• I agree. We will already live together but something is just missing in our relationship otherwise I wouldn't be so drawn to this other guy.