Found out he is a total sex fiend. How to get over it?

Was dating this guy for about 3 months. Turns out he's a total sex addict and slept with tons of women. He said a lot of super rude things to me and was very mean to me our entire relationship. I'm pretty hurt and just can't get over how hurt and disgusted I feel. I can't even believe I fell for all his garbage. Plenty of red flags all along that I ignored... My self esteem is pretty awful right now. How does one get over this? And I hate that he doesn't even care how much he hurt me... he's probably on to the next girl.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• you will always be better off without him. if you remember that then you should have no regret as you are finally free from his crap

Most Helpful Girl

• Just think about all of the bad things he's said and done to you and how much you don't deserve any of it, this will help you to rid yourself of any feelings for him. As far as seeing red flags and ignoring them, don't think that you are stupid for it or anything like that because it happens to the best of us. Sometimes we stay with people after we see their bad side because we feel that we'll be that special person they will be different for or because we think they will change. Just remember that someone like this could never change for anyone, only for themselves. If they don't feel that they're doing anything wrong for themselves they won't change for you or for anyone so just remember that even if he is onto the next girl, she won't mean anything to him either. It will be a lot easier to handle with time.

What Guys Said 2

• next time don't be stupid.

• Spend time with friends

What Girls Said 1

• Remember you are none of the bad things he called you. We all sometimes stick relationships when we know we should get out, I'm currently going through something super similar actually. Just need to remember he is an awful person, and doesn't deserve you or anyone else. I know this probably wasn't super helpful, but over time it will get easier.