Why did you break up with your ex?

• Got cheated on
  • Cheated
  • Wasn't interested anymore
    Vote C
  • Something else (comment below)
    Vote D

2515

Most Helpful Guy

• When she hurt a friend of mine (also female,) it was the last straw. I was already on the verge of throwing her to the curb for making inappropriate advances on my mom's dog (and giving the dog medicine without permission.) Turns out, she was also cheating on me the entire time - including with women! Which may explain why her stories with me kept changing so much. Everything and everyone was just a game to her. And she didn't seem to mind the fact that she was flunking out of college. Bottom line: I didn't need her.

Most Helpful Girl

• My first boyfriend broke up with me because he met someone else and wanted to be with her instead. My second boyfriend broke up with me because he believed a lie and wouldn't hear me out. My third boyfriend broke up with me because he decided he wanted to go back to his abusive fiancรฉ

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 14

• It was a very toxic and bad relationship. We cared deeply about each other, but we had way too many fights and are views on a lot of situation couldn't come to a equal compromises.

• Even though we where never officially together, i do consider my ex due to our mutual emotional investment. When she got with someone he was manipulative and made sure she saw her other close friends as few as possible. Loving her this was to much for me to handle, i was happy for her she found such a nice guy and them being together didn't hurt me. But her barely ever responding eventually made me give her the ultimatum, she either was going to fix our friendship or i'd be gone. She chose the latter so i moved on. Half a year later she contacted me on my birthday, she dumped her controlling boyfriend and was trying to win back her friends. I accepted but things never went past awkward hollow chats, our chemestry was gone forever.

• Very selfish: I wanted more time to learn guitar and piano :P

• Fraud. She had stated that she was bored of me, so I went ahead and played her game. A few days later, whatever she was trying to pull failed, and she tried to get back in my good graces. Naturally, I shot her down right there and allowed her to crash and burn, ending our relationship.
    I had decided that after her blatant display of betrayal, she was useless to me; there was virtually nothing in it for me if I were to continue my relationship with her.

• I knew that she was planning on dumping me, so I decided to turn it around and be the one who dumped her. In a public place too!

• ... Are you asking about the relationship I genuinely thought would work, or my first one? Each is very different.

• Your most recent relationship

• :/ Yeah that's the one i thought would work. I don't like thinking of that one since it makes me feel like an asshole (maybe I was). I was in uni, and met a girl who I was with for about 5 months. She had similar goals in life like, had similar tastes, and was a great person.

Long story short, she saw me with another girl a lot. It was my fault for never explaining it was my sister. She confronted me about, and considering her personality i thought it was a joke. I jokingly said Molly and left at the ring of the bell. After school she came to my dorm furious, and was screaming about how we wouldn't work. I tried explaining to her it was a joke and that the other girl was my sister and I'll meet them together... But she didn't believe me and I guess that's where it ended. She went into life sciences while I went into astronomy.

I was an idiot, and it was definitely my fault. But I guess it was for the better. I ended up meeting my current fiance, and last I saw of her, she met her own

• My ex broke up with me because I was "too clingy" for her.

• I wasn't really motivated to stay and she cheated , thus I let her go without drama.

• My ex was the one who broke up with me bc he was in love with someone else

• Pussy farts.

I'm kidding.

• Incompatibility

• She was a drunk and used me for my money

• She enjoyed the taste of too many piss pumps. I couldn't bare it any longer.

• sexual incompatibility

What Girls Said 24

• A Mix of cheated on me without admitting it, even years later and not giving me the attention that I wanted or affection, Literally was so mentally and physically exhausted trying to please him and make him put effort in the end people are not going to if they don't want to.

• Because he broke up with me lol. I didn't really have a choice ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Why did break up with you?

• To this day I don't know the real reason. I just got the whole "I'm too busy for a girlfriend right now" speech. Maybe he was telling the truth but I don't know.

• Maybe he'll wash up dead in a cliffside wearing a cape and holding green rocks? :-P

• most recent ex: we were friends who tried to be romantic. but it didn't work out and so we went back to being friends.

• I love it when people realize thats a proper option and are mature enough to be able to do that.
      For many the friendship is doomed past this, i am happy you pulled it off :D

• thanks :)

i mean, i'd be lying if i said that everything was the same as before. everything was tainted by the fact that we dated, and he was super-awkward when he met my new boyfriend... a year after we broke up. so, while we don't really keep in regular contact anymore, we are on speaking terms and i wish him the best.

• Aww shame, ended similairly with my past best friendship then.

• I wouldn't consider 13 year olds 'trying' to 'attempt' a relationship a 'real' relationship.

We were 13 and stupid. He liked me, I didn't like him. I had my eyes on another guy, and he had his eyes on me. People told me he liked me, and my friends FORCED me to ask. I asked, and he turned red (poor kid). He said yeah, and a day later we consider or selves boyfriend and girlfriend. A few weeks went by, and we broke up. I think I am the one who broke up with him. He was just soooooo childish, and stupid. -.-

• He was batshit crazy and suffered from paranoid schizofrenia so he reguarly screamed at me and accused me for cheating and stealing and whoring and lying. But the funny thing is I weren't even the one to break up! It was him who broke up in the end because I said 'fuck you' with a calm voice after he told me I looked like a below average tryhard after I spent one hour in the bathroom getting ready. Miss that guy :')

• We fought a lot.

• Sadly he was the one that broke it up when he came to his senses that we were not good for each other.
    But my reasons for accepting are:
    - he hated anything feminine to the extent that I have pictures where I look like a cross dresser
    - didn't allow me to work
    - hated my friends and family
    - called me a gold digger
    - was very unsupportive.

• Didn't talk to me

• he didn't want to be affectionate or romantic, ever.

• I voted C but it was because he was manipulative and super insecure.

• He kept pressuring me into having sex, and I didn't feel ready nor comfortable with it, and I also managed to get into trouble with my parents over him.

• I didn't break up with my ex; He broke up with me because his life was/is complicated (or "complicated", I don't know which now) at the moment.

• We were in a long distance relationship, it was kinda difficult for both of us. We're still god friends tho

• He cheated on me.

• My "ex" and I didn't really break up. We kind of just went our separate ways for almost two years before getting back in touch.

• He moved for work & I wasn't willing to move 1/2 way across the country.

• parents didn't let us date anymore

• I didn't; he broke up with me.

• It wasn't progressing the way it should have. We had been together for 2 years and he only met my family twice and I finally realized that that's not something I want to continue doing anymore.

• It was my senior years and there was a lot pressure on me and some many things happened and then I thought the only exit was let some things go even him ๐Ÿ™„

• Because he cheated.

• Commitment Issues... dragged his feet on moving in together.

• I just wasn't a priority to him anymore, which is sad after 2 1/2 years.

• Mutual