Can purging be considered self-harm?

I puke when I'm in emotional distress and I got really nauseous last night over a guy and today I HAD to throw up. After I feel very calm and relaxed and it helps for a while. I do this when I'm really anxious to, I voluntarily purge. I used to do this as a toddler my mom said and i diverted back to my old ways I guess I don't know how to handle loss that well. I'm not doing this to lose weight, really don't care if I don't it's just the emotional ascpect of feeling all the negativity physically leaving my body.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, purging is a form of self harm, whether you know it's harmful or not. Vomiting serves a purpose but it does not come without consequences. It is not harmful to long term health in small and infrequent doses. If you make it a frequent occurrence then it can cause long term health problems, not to mention wearing away the enamel on your teeth.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it's an eating disorder. Those can be formed even if it's not based on body image

1|0
    0|0
Sponsored

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Of course it's the same thing. You're damaging you body internally. Purging can result in long term disorders too, you know that?

0|0
    0|0
  • yes in fact its an act that does harm ur body over time because ur robbing it of nutrients before it has the chance to digest anything u eat

0|0
    0|0
  • yes in some ways

0|0
    0|0
  • 😦😦😦 no because its not like you can control it.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!