Will he ever regret leaving me? (Is he likely to)?

Hello. My boyfriend of a year just broke up with me. We were having a long distance, though first 4 months we lived together in a dorm. When I met him I was glowing with happiness, I thought we'd marry someday. I was always clingy because I loved him and because I always had a short time to express it but not as clingy as to make a person sick of it, I gave him his space too. Then he called me childish whenever I was loving or whenever I was upset. He said I was upset about everything. Of course I was since he actually told me I don't deserve being treated better than I was (though it was in a fight and later he apologized). Every single thing about me irritated him. He even gave me a lesson as to a child that when I say I will go in 2 shops in a mall I should go in 2 and not 4 (while he knows many of those shops I wanted to see are not there in my country) he also took every smallest thing on earth as a matter of (mis) respect, beginning with how I hold his hand. And yet he's the one to have ended it. His "love" was seasonal. He was usually unsure and had broken up with me before too. Of course he also has positive sides but I can't write all. We may have argued a lot, yes. I find myself (please don't take it as arrogance) beautiful, smart, caring, kind, cheerful... He told me I'm more of a "friend". On the anniversary of when we first met (which happens to be the Valentine's day too) I gifted him many things and he gave me nothing, not even a card. I am frustrated of never feeling appreciated by anyone - those who ever loved me and those who apparently didn't. I have got way more disapprovals than compliments. All I did wrong is procrastinated with learning how to cook and stupid stuff like that. Now he feels irritation accumulated and yes we have different values in life but would you guys regret letting me go if you were him? I don't want him back. But I just need his approval for my self-esteem even if it may take years.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• From what you said about the relationship, nah he's not going to regret it. it sounds like you were just wrong for each other. You'll find someone who makes you feel good about yourself eventually.

You can't let your sense of self worth rely on any one person's opinion of you, just don't dwell on it too much.

Most Helpful Girl

• Same position , he will regret breaking up with you some guys are stupid and doesn't take relationships seriously

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1

• In the same situation, he will regret breaking up with you, make him realize what he has lost