Breaking up with someone?

So in January, me and a guy that I've known for a few years decided to make things official. For the past month, I just haven't been happy with things, and I want to take a step back, to how we were before we decided to put a title on our relationship. The thing is, I want to text him this. In my head, I feel like it's ok since I'm not proposing to entirely cutting him off. My question is, would texting him be ok?

12

What Guys Said 2

• No it wouldn't

• You should talk to him and you should not expect to get what you had before.

• Yeeeah, I was hoping for the same but I'm also ready for if it doesn't work out that way

What Girls Said 1

• i never liked getting those "im breaking up with you " messages and im sure neither does anyone else
    yes its easier because you dont have to see them get crushed

BUUUUUUUUT

hell have more respect for you if you tell him in person so i suggest in person is the better way to do it

• I think that's where my head is lol; I feel certain that ok the phone or in person he'd talk me out of it, but I know this is what I want and I wanna stick to it..

• still do it in person and stick to your guns regardless of what hell try